Law School Discussion

Texas Tech

Cube Farmer

• The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Texas Tech
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2006, 07:49:32 AM »
of course fred garvin has
soft factors that make the ladies swoon

Really??  Even Donna Williams?

Especially Donna Williams.

LMAO.....

Ladies love the soft factors, but  they really get excited when the soft factors can be quantified into hard numbers.

Rusty Shackleford

• #1 OATLAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2006, 07:51:51 AM »
To all those that are applying - what are your stats? I have a 3.6 GPA and am waiting on a predetermined low 150s lsat score. Think I have chance??

BTW - I have a lot of family that goes to Tech for undergrad and while they all agree that Lubbock isn't a great place to live, it's not bad for school. Apparently, the biggest drawback is that Tech is a "dry county" and you have to drive 20 mins outside of town to buy beer.

Actually Lubbock isn't a dry county, but the city is dry.  The main two places to buy beer is the strip, which is southeast of town and it only takes 20 minutes if you are driving from all the way across town.  The other place to buy beer is Wolfforth, a small town just southwest of Lubbock.  They just voted to allow beer and wine, no alcohol however.  But there are plenty of bars in Lubbock, its just packaged sales which are illegal.

And oh yes Shiner Bock is good, as well as Shiner Hefeweizen and Shiner Light.  Zeigenbock is another beer that's really good.

smack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2006, 08:02:58 AM »
Ladies love the soft factors, but  they really get excited when the soft factors can be quantified into hard numbers.
[/quote]

Sigh...I can vouch for that!

smack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2006, 08:18:12 AM »
Love your new avatar kirkcameronsgf!  Romosexual!

Cube Farmer

• The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2006, 10:09:57 AM »
No one else heard anything? It seems like it has been a while since they have made any decisions...

smack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2006, 10:26:13 AM »
No one else heard anything? It seems like it has been a while since they have made any decisions...

I have not heard a word.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  They requested my report on November 6th...received my application October 24th...

Nart

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2006, 12:39:09 PM »
To all those that are applying - what are your stats? I have a 3.6 GPA and am waiting on a predetermined low 150s lsat score. Think I have chance??

BTW - I have a lot of family that goes to Tech for undergrad and while they all agree that Lubbock isn't a great place to live, it's not bad for school. Apparently, the biggest drawback is that Tech is a "dry county" and you have to drive 20 mins outside of town to buy beer.

Actually Lubbock isn't a dry county, but the city is dry.  The main two places to buy beer is the strip, which is southeast of town and it only takes 20 minutes if you are driving from all the way across town.  The other place to buy beer is Wolfforth, a small town just southwest of Lubbock.  They just voted to allow beer and wine, no alcohol however.  But there are plenty of bars in Lubbock, its just packaged sales which are illegal.

And oh yes Shiner Bock is good, as well as Shiner Hefeweizen and Shiner Light.  Zeigenbock is another beer that's really good.

At least the gas in Texas is cheap!

Stud

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2006, 02:53:37 PM »
Where can I find the certification letter that I have to mail in with the check?

« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2006, 03:12:29 PM »
Where can I find the certification letter that I have to mail in with the check?

If you're applying online through the LSAC website, it will ask you to view print and then sign the letter once you click continue after your application package has been generated. And don't quote me on this, but I think it won't let you submit your application until you print the letter anyway. 

becky

« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2006, 11:10:31 AM »
Okay, I need help from all of you already living in Lubbock!
My husband has not had any luck finding a job yet and the opportunities that has missed were a result of him not being there in Lubbock to interview.  So we were thinking that right after Christmas, he would just find a cheap place to live and stay there so he can look for a job.  Anyone know of maybe a basement for rent or know of someone who needs a roommate for a while? 

By the way, has anyone heard anything from TTU lately?

Thanks!