Law School Discussion

2 names on one LOR

2 names on one LOR
« on: November 11, 2006, 10:56:04 PM »
hey everyone,

I apologize if this has been asked before, I searched I promise! 

I work in a research lab at my school and my immediate supervisor is a Research Assistant with no formal degree, but our direct supervisor is running the research and she's the PhD.  So, I discussed an LOR with my supervisor and he said that her name can definitely go on it, but it would be jointly with his.  The problem I'm having now is figuring out how to fill out the LSDAS form for them.  Do you think it really matters having that PhD on the service?  Can I just sneak in my immediate supervisor's name below the main researcher instead of "Building name" or something?  Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

(I guess you have to lose your LSD posting virginity sometime, don't hurt me ;)

Re: 2 names on one LOR
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 02:01:57 AM »
I'd call LSAC and ask them what to do.  I've never seen this question posted here before.

215.968.1001    ;)

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 07:10:35 AM »
yeah,
i'd call and verify with them the correct procedure for two names on one LOR.

i didn't call to check,
and now i'm thinking having Epstein's mom cosign my LORs may have been a mistake

/just sayin'

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 11:38:15 AM »
I made the delightful phonecall... thanks so much for the number tutti that was helpful!

Answer: Pick one name to put on the form.

I guess that means I'll be going with the PhD?

polaremu

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 08:25:43 PM »
go with the phd

SilentSwirl

• Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 08:37:29 PM »
Use the PhD name on the form, then ask them to be sure it's clear that it's from both of them. So LSAC (and the schools!) don't think you're trying to pull a fast one on them.  Good luck :) Glad you're posting.

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 09:52:56 PM »
Thanks polar and Silent :) 

I went ahead with the PhD, and I will definitely be making sure they clarify it's from the both of them.