Law School Discussion

The LSAT is like riding a bike...

Jets

• At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
The LSAT is like riding a bike...
« on: November 11, 2006, 02:13:27 PM »
You never really forget how to do it. Seriously. I took a PT today -- first since my September test. Granted, it was one I've done before so the score I earned on it (which I'm not even going to compute) is irrelevant, but I wasn't rusty at all. I didn't remember the questions either -- I last took this test over 2.5 months ago. For all of you who are worried about losing a step after September, you're going to be OK. Seriously; you will be surprised about how familiar it all is.

Re: The LSAT is like riding a bike...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 02:22:59 PM »
yea but how long did it take you to actually learn how to ride that bike?

Jets

• At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 02:36:56 PM »
yea but how long did it take you to actually learn how to ride that bike?

Well, I hit 153 on my first test ever which was on 6/11. I broke the 160's on 7/28 w/ a 167, and hit my first 170+ on 8/14. I'd say about 1.5-2 months to learn, and then a month or two of practice to build consistency. I underperformed in September, so I'm at it again for December 2nd (although studying much, much less).

seriouslydog

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 02:56:17 PM »
If the LSAT is liking riding a bike...

A 170 is like riding in the Tour de France, a 180 is like winning it, and opening up your score to see how badly you bombed it is like coming to a sudden stop and getting your balls racked on the cross bar.

s.d. 

President_Baccaga

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 08:10:49 AM »
If the LSAT is liking riding a bike...

A 170 is like riding in the Tour de France, a 180 is like winning it, and opening up your score to see how badly you bombed it is like coming to a sudden stop and getting your balls racked on the cross bar.

s.d. 

If we're using Tour de France analogies, for many people taking the test and subsequently getting the results will be like what occurred several years ago... you, as Jan Ullrich, think that you have worn down the LSAT, as Lance Armstrong, and proceed to take off with confidence and think that you own the race, only to realize that the LSAT wasn't going down without a fight and ends up coming back and makes you look like a secondhand rocking chair.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 09:28:27 AM »
Good to here, since i haven't done any pts yet.

guyminuslife

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 12:41:32 PM »
In Soviet Russia, LSAT ride you.