Law School Discussion

WE on Northwestern applicaton?

WE on Northwestern applicaton?
« on: November 08, 2006, 05:28:41 PM »
Are any nontrads on here applying to Northwestern? 

I'm a bit baffled about how to handle the spots for work experience on the application.  As far as I can figure they only have three slots for jobs post-UG, which isn't nearly enough for me (I have three jobs just right now!). I'm not sure if they are looking for the latest three, or the three most substantial.

Also, they seem insistent on knowing what I did during the summers in UG.  I'm 8 years out, and I'm not sure I can even recall the names of the places I worked for, and they certainly weren't, with a couple exceptions, interesting or demanding jobs.  Should I leave them off, or go ahead and list them just to confirm that I was doing something?

A lot of this can be solved with a resume, I guess, which I assume they'll except as an attachment, though I don't see them specifically mention it anywhere... 

Any thoughts?

. . .

• View Profile
Re: WE on Northwestern applicaton?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 03:08:58 PM »
Put your three most recent on the app and attached a resume as well. That's what I did. I know they want the resume because they require you bring it to the interview.

Para Legal

• Go Pipers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 12:32:19 PM »
Are any nontrads on here applying to Northwestern? 

me me me!

I did the same as the rest of the folks here- dug out my college rez, used the space for as far as it would get me in reverse chron order and used the resume for the rest.

NU is a long shot for me due to my LSAT but the atypical admit process plus the OJT factor has to help.

Good luck!!

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 09:03:00 PM »
Thanks, all.  I'll post the last three jobs on the app, and bring the resume to my NU interview next week. Maybe check in about whether I should attach it, too...