Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 1st practice lsat  (Read 3389 times)

brain_bliss

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1st practice lsat
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 12:35:42 PM »
sure.  i think it was june 2003.  it is the pre-test for the weekend powerscore class i'm taking.  any reason why?  just wondering.
People suffer romantic misconceptions when I tell them I'm a freelance writer.  They think black turtlenecks and clove cigs.  It's more poverty and Ramen noodles.  So, law school.

Check my Law School Numbers Page...

. . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 12:40:32 PM »
i'd say about 10 points, give or take, is about the average increase if you are starting in the 150s.

brain_bliss

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 12:48:31 PM »
i'd say about 10 points, give or take, is about the average increase if you are starting in the 150s.

That's what I'm hoping for.  I figure I'll pick up at least some points when I actually understand how to set-up and work through the Logic Games.  We'll see.  If not, I'll wait and re-take in February...I've got a fee waiver and lot's of time, lol.

B
People suffer romantic misconceptions when I tell them I'm a freelance writer.  They think black turtlenecks and clove cigs.  It's more poverty and Ramen noodles.  So, law school.

cbm_flyer

• not me or my family; feel bad for the dog, though
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 07:18:22 PM »
sure.  i think it was june 2003.  it is the pre-test for the weekend powerscore class i'm taking.  any reason why?  just wondering.

Just curious because there are some differences between tests over the years.  I took the full 2-month PowerScore class--well worth the money.  As are the "Bibles".  Good luck!

~CW

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 07:24:33 PM »
I didn't have that much time to study (only a month), but I was able to improve 10 points in RC and LG. Unfortunately, I didn't really improve that much in LR.  I think you can improve quite a bit if you study wisely- LG is the easiest section in which to improve. Generally, you should be able to get all or almost all of the questions you answer right, so if you can get it so you can finish in time, you should ace that section.

brain_bliss

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 07:56:46 PM »
Yeah...aceing the LG section alone would bump me up to 160.  I figure I'll pick up a few LR answers as I practice, maybe bumping me up another couple of points.  If I get to 162-4 range, I'll be very happy.  Hell, I'd be happy w/ 160!

Thanks,

B

euphrasie

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - allardjr@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 01:22:18 AM »
I scored 163 on that same test (I also took the PowerScore weekend prep - waste of money, in my book) and scored 162 on the real test in September. I didn't do any other prep for the LSAT simply because my work/school schedule didn't permit it.

In 2005, I took 3-4 practice tests in prep for the October 2005 test (unable to sit due to my son breaking his arm the night before). My very first test ever was a 163 and my others were 165-168. So, I apparently got dumber over the past year!

how much did you guys increase from your first practice lsat to the time when you took the test?  i just scored a 152 with no preparation.  i'm taking a weekend powerscore test this weekend, and i will be taking the december test.

Married: Seattle 2011!
Love: Fordham PT, Seton Hall PT, USF PT, Seattle PT, Lewis & Clark PT, USD PT
Like: W&M
Hate: Georgetown PT, Harvard

LSN

Cindy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 06:12:31 PM »
I took an LSAT prep course as an undergrad and went from 153 (no preparation, had never even seen the LSAT before) to 162 on my 4th practice test in 2 months. My instructior & pre-law advisor (Gonzaga JD, criminal defense lawyer) claimed that the logic sections were the only sections you could make a considerable improvement on, so he taught mostly logic and time management.
~Cindy

Terrible Ivan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 06:18:01 PM »
First practice test of 165 with an eventual average score of 170+ on 22 practice tests over 6 weeks (simulated/timed test). Much of the growth seemed to come from easier LG the more recent the test (my opinion). I could be an example of a slow learner or a stupid invester.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 11:53:49 PM »
I scored better on my first prep test than I did on the real test. Not only that, but my real test was 5 points below the worst prep test I did. Safe to say I had a bad day when taking the LSAT. Better luck to the rest of you ;)