Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: can schools see if I'm taking December LSAT?  (Read 683 times)

johnnyutah

• View Profile
can schools see if I'm taking December LSAT?
« on: November 06, 2006, 12:07:57 AM »
If a school requests my report now, will they see that I am signed up for the December LSAT?

There are some schools I applied early to that I do NOT want to wait for my December LSAT score. 

johnnyutah

• View Profile
Re: can schools see if I'm taking December LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 12:39:51 AM »
I never seem to find good answers on here.

xenonglow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 01:36:51 AM »
No, they won't see it.  I called LSAC myself and asked.

But the school will get an updated report after you take the exam and get your score, if that matters to you.

snafu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 03:51:15 PM »
If a school requests my report now, will they see that I am signed up for the December LSAT?

There are some schools I applied early to that I do NOT want to wait for my December LSAT score. 
Just in the event that not everyone who posted in here saw my posts in other forums, I talked to LSAC earlier today and was told (by a guy named Brian) that the December test was listed on my report before I cancelled. Then I had to contact the two schools who requested my report before I cancelled because they weren't going to consider my application complete. The guy at LSAC specifically told me that the December test date WAS listed on my report even though it was not on the report PDF in my online account. So maybe LSAC is really confused, but all I know right now is that for my report, a future test date was listed and now two of my applications have gone complete three weeks late.
- slightly modified

snafu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 04:00:37 PM »
Yes, it really does suck. I knew other people spoke to LSAC and were told that future test dates aren't listed on the report, so I thought I was safe with only cancelling my registration a day after two reports were requested. Apparently LSAC is a little clueless. Brian with LSAC also told me that they do not send a cancellation notification to schools if you decide you will not be taking the test.

johnnyutah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 06:35:04 PM »
the december test does not show up in my pdf file on lsac.

just my june score and a / for 9/30

snafu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 09:16:11 PM »
the december test does not show up in my pdf file on lsac.

just my june score and a / for 9/30

The December test didn't show up on my PDF of report before I cancelled, and I asked the LSAC rep. about that. He said it is not on my report but it was on the reports that went to the schools before I cancelled.

pinkytrc

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pinkytrc
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers- drop by, leave a comment!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 09:16:27 AM »
Maybe you should call LSAC again, my understanding was that you actually get to see what they send to the schools (why shouldn't you?  Your the one paying for it) so I can't see why they would go through all the trouble to put the pdf online and then all the trouble to put on future test dates later before they sent it to schools.  I mean, its not secretive, you know if you registered, so why hide it? It just doesn't make sense.  You should call LSAC again because I bet someone else would give you a different answer.  I think Brian must have been confused...
Brad Pitt Pic-Sorry guys, your welcome girls!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pinkytrc

snafu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 11:49:35 AM »
Maybe you should call LSAC again, my understanding was that you actually get to see what they send to the schools (why shouldn't you?  Your the one paying for it) so I can't see why they would go through all the trouble to put the pdf online and then all the trouble to put on future test dates later before they sent it to schools.  I mean, its not secretive, you know if you registered, so why hide it? It just doesn't make sense.  You should call LSAC again because I bet someone else would give you a different answer.  I think Brian must have been confused...

I can't speak for snafu, but she did say that  some schools she applied to before cancelling sent her info indicating her file wouldn't go complete until after her second test scores were in, but she hadn't told them she was taking a second test.  So they had to find out somehow.

That's right.

I already notified the two schools who requested that report, so I won't be calling LSAC again. But if someone else on the boards is in a similar situation, he or she should definitely call LSAC to cover all bases. The only way these schools could have known about the December test is if it appeared on the report before I cancelled, regardless of the fact that it does not appear on my PDF (which, again, the LSAC guy specifically told me that it is not on my PDF of the report).

johnnyutah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 01:57:33 PM »
just called LSAC, they said that the Dec score will NOT show up on my report if I havent taken it yet, even if I am signed up for it