Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2 bachelor degrees at separate times  (Read 805 times)

auto208562

2 bachelor degrees at separate times
« on: February 19, 2004, 06:17:49 PM »
I have two bachelor degrees from two different universities.  One of which was from an 100% online program.  The degree from the non-online school was very low, below 3.0, and the online school was 3.8. 

Which is considered the UGPA?  Do I have to somehow take the average of both or can I just use the 3.8?  How would they know otherwise if I just used the 3.8?

Thanks.

bastage

• View Profile
Re: 2 bachelor degrees at separate times
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 07:17:05 PM »
Which one was first? That's the one they use. Anything after the first BA or BS is considered graduate work.
I don't know how they would find out if you didn't disclose it, but if they did find out, you'd be f-ed.

CaliforniaLaw

• View Profile
Re: 2 bachelor degrees at separate times
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 10:22:02 PM »
Bastage is correct.  Your first degree is the one they will use.  They will also look at your second degree and consider it.  They will also consider the reputation of these schools.  DO NOT LEAVE OUT YOUR LOWER GPA FROM YOUR APPLICATIONS.  Not only can you get tossed out of law school, you could get dis-bar.  These people are not idiots.  You may think not disclosing is not lying, but most schools require full disclosure on their applications.  Just don't do it.