Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: your opinion on princeton review prep books  (Read 511 times)

myz888

• View Profile
    • Email
your opinion on princeton review prep books
« on: November 03, 2006, 08:51:38 PM »
How good are princeton review prep books?

I took the practice tests on PR 2004 and 2006 editions, and I've scored considerably lower than I did on real previously administered LSATs (10 actual lsat, next 10, 10 more, etc).

Do you think they have over complicated questions? or even stupid questions? 

I'm just frustrated because I don't know if I've just regressed on my lsat score or the book has problems.

theo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Fine surname
Re: your opinion on princeton review prep books
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 12:03:34 AM »

I took the practice tests on PR 2004 and 2006 editions, and I've scored considerably lower than I did on real previously administered LSATs (10 actual lsat, next 10, 10 more, etc).

I'm just frustrated because I don't know if I've just regressed on my lsat score or the book has problems.

Carefully identify the most useful page of all those found within the PR books.

Tear it gently from the spine of the book.

Slowly crease it and bend it repeatedly between your two hands until the unnatural stiffness of the processed paper product is considerably diminished.

Do not be in a haste to complete this process.  You'll thank me later.

When the page has attained the flexibility and suppleness of a typical interstate-highway rest area paper towel, adjourn to the lavatory and wait.  I advise some additional reading material.

Within six hours, that page from the Princeton Review will have attained maximum utility.
quid leges sine moribus vanae proficiunt?

theunderdog

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 12:08:56 AM »

Carefully identify the most useful page of all those found within the PR books.

Tear it gently from the spine of the book.

Slowly crease it and bend it repeatedly between your two hands until the unnatural stiffness of the processed paper product is considerably diminished.

Do not be in a haste to complete this process.  You'll thank me later.

When the page has attained the flexibility and suppleness of a typical interstate-highway rest area paper towel, adjourn to the lavatory and wait.  I advise some additional reading material.

Within six hours, that page from the Princeton Review will have attained maximum utility.

This was hilarious!   :D

(Note to O.P.: I concur with theo. Do as he said. You'll find no better use.)

bubDread

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 05:29:29 PM »
lol good one Theo.  I have also heard PR materials make good fire-starters.

younghova

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 12:30:12 AM »
hilar.

completely agree.  I will never forgive myself for taking a 1200 dollar PR class.

i41m

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 12:39:58 AM »
I thought the book was a pretty good overview and may be good at the beginning to see what the LSAT is about.

The practice questions are absolutely awful though. I wouldn't fret about scoring lower on the PR exams. I wouldn't recommend taking them.

hershees

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 07:01:27 PM »
Haha I don't think they're so bad! LOL. The Cracking book actually has a really good overview of the test. The LSAT Workout book is tough, though, and great practice. I would recommend that one.