Law School Discussion

Help a canadian out!

4-1

• This year is THE year.. or maybe next year? :)
    • View Profile
Help a canadian out!
« on: November 02, 2006, 09:21:47 PM »
So, I've been trying to get some good perspective on this draft of my personal statement, but most people I talk to up here don't have a good notion of what's expected in a statement for US law schools.

This board seems to be chalk full of smarter-than-average applicants though, so I feel like you guys would do a really good job of pointing out the problems. I have been reading up on a lot of the threads, and honestly, it's helped -- but if a few people were willing to give my statement a good critical read, I think that would help more.

Anyone interested?

Re: Help a canadian out!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 09:34:02 PM »
I am not ca n a dian ;D. But I can read yours.

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 10:14:17 PM »
Isn't the short answer to your inquiry simply RTFM?

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 10:16:46 PM »
Where in this frozen butthole are you located?

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 11:48:53 PM »
CANADA! I'll read.

4-1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 07:28:27 AM »
I'm currently in Kingston, Ontario (studying at Queen's) but I'm originally from Ottawa. My parents decided to up and move to Toronto though, so when I go to visit, I'm stuck in the middle of Leaf Nation  ::)

Oh.. and I've PM'd the people who wanted to give it a read :) I'm thinking of just posting the whole thing here, but I'm a little worried someone might decide to take creative licence and use it!

4-1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 07:32:00 AM »
Oh, and what's RTFM? Read the f'in message?

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 09:35:14 AM »
I'm currently in Kingston, Ontario (studying at Queen's) but I'm originally from Ottawa. My parents decided to up and move to Toronto though, so when I go to visit, I'm stuck in the middle of Leaf Nation  ::)

Oh.. and I've PM'd the people who wanted to give it a read :) I'm thinking of just posting the whole thing here, but I'm a little worried someone might decide to take creative licence and use it!

My parents, grandma, and other assorted family members when to Queen's.  They were pretty dissapointed when none of us went.  I went to boarding school in Port Hope, then decided I'd had enough snow.  :D

4-1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 09:40:55 AM »
Hahah, that's why I'm applying to universities in the states. I think a change of scenery would defenetly do me good. The colder it gets here, the more motivated I am to convince Stanford to take me  ;)

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 01:00:30 PM »
pretty close: read the f***ing manual
By which I mean that you should read the instructions they give you about the PS, which are not the same everywhere. And if you have any doubts, just visit your local book store and find one of those 'how to get into top law schools' books. That should be sufficient. But of course, all things must seem complicated to you ... I mean, you are from Ontatio!