Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: So Cal School Scholarships  (Read 4707 times)

bobfett33

Re: So Cal School Scholarships
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2004, 04:39:52 PM »
That is SO awesome, Andy!  I hope I get a full scholarship anywhere.  But, Loyola especially is good!  I'm hoping for a scholarship at USD - it's ranked 59 vs. Loyola's 69, but oddly enough, USD's medians for LSAT and GPA are lower than Loyolas.  Hopefully that means I'll get one, since I'm at 167/3.2.

live in la

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2004, 07:38:15 PM »
Is it too late to get a scholarship to Loyola? I took the Feb LSAT... 3.68, 172, Ph.D., 10 yr WE

bobfett33

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2004, 02:56:43 PM »
with a 3.68 and a 172, why would you want to go to Loyola when you could probably go to UCLA (if you want to stay in-the-area) or maybe Chicago or Michigan if you don't mind moving?

live in la

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2004, 05:40:34 PM »
I need to stay in LA - my husband and I have own a home here and he works in the entertainment industry.  The reason for Loyola is that I want to go to a part-time program so I can continue working - I make a good salary and have an extremely flexible schedule...UCLA and USC don't have part-time programs. If I could get a scholarship to Loyola and continuing working, I'd be in decent financial shape by the time I got out and could take jobs making less money - I liked to work for the D.A. for a while.

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.2, 165 LSAT, going to Loyola w/full ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2004, 12:56:26 PM »
Loyola's deadline is Feb. 2 so i dont think they will take february LSATs,  I know pepperdine will take the feb. LSAT but their deadline is either today or tommorrow.

Bobfett, in regards to USD scholarships, this is staright from thir financial aid guide

Academic scholarships- offers a variety of scholrships based on merit.  Students with strong academic backgrounds are automatically considered for these awards.  Scholarships range from several thousand dollars to 90% tuition. Some of these scholarships are renewable each year.  Scholarships are generally extended to applicants in the upper 25% of UGPA and LSAT.

Dean's Outstanding Scholars- entering minority and nontraditional students with outstanding academic records may be considered. awards are based on merit and potential for contributions to diversity.  These awards include full tuition, housing stipend, meal allowance, and course materials.

USD Law School Grants- need based partial scholarships. based on financial need, academic promise, potential for service to the community.  Generally consist of one half tuition.

they also have private scholarhips.

if you don't get an entrance scholarhsip for your first year, they have scholarhsips that they give out based on 1L performance.  So you could go in and kick ass and get rewarded with full tuition.

Good Luck, im still waiting to hear from USD, UCLA, USC

law in la

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2004, 01:42:18 PM »
Loyola deadline for the part-time is April - they will take the Feb test.

bobfett33

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2004, 05:25:46 AM »
Thanks, Andy - I wonder why US News' figures are different?

jfbruin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2004, 03:37:51 PM »
I just got a full scholarship plus books to Loyola!

live in la

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2004, 05:32:42 PM »
What are your numbers?  when were you complete?  i checked their online status and it said a decision had been mailed (2 days after going complete).  I'm hoping for a full scholarship too!  3.68, 172, Ph.D.

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.2, 165 LSAT, going to Loyola w/full ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2004, 07:34:08 PM »
congrats on the LLS scholarship jf bruin.
are you going to the luncheon/reception for scholarship winners?  Also how much did they give you for books?, they gave me 500.