Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cleveland Marshall anyone? Any opinons between CSU and Case Western?  (Read 661 times)

pinkytrc

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pinkytrc
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers- drop by, leave a comment!
    • Email
These are my two top picks (staying in NE Ohio).  CSU is HALF the cost of Case and I have a shot at fin. aid there too, probably not so much at Case.  I am just curious if anyone has applied, been accepted, thoughts feelings...I'm open to discussion!
Brad Pitt Pic-Sorry guys, your welcome girls!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pinkytrc

akakakaka

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cleveland Marshall anyone? Any opinons between CSU and Case Western?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 06:13:06 PM »
These are my two top picks (staying in NE Ohio).  CSU is HALF the cost of Case and I have a shot at fin. aid there too, probably not so much at Case.  I am just curious if anyone has applied, been accepted, thoughts feelings...I'm open to discussion!

I know you said you want to stay in NE Ohio, but is there any reason you can't send an app  to Ohio State?

pinkytrc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 03:34:05 PM »
I know its a great school- but I am living at home and also my boyfriend will be going to either CSU or Case too, but he won't be starting until the cycle after me.  So it really just makes it complex!  I am going to apply though- but I guess its more so for my own state of mind?  Also, I work at a law firm here as a paralegal, and am thinking about working there part-time after my first semester, probably just like 10-15 hours a week.  I wish OSU was closer...

pinkytrc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 11:53:17 AM »
bump

eloisa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 07:51:28 PM »
Both are fine schools in their own right...  I'm a little biased toward Case because I go there.  ;-)

Just curious -- what sort of work do you want to do?  If you want to do government work, I might actually recommend CSU because a ton of the judges, prosecutors, PDs, etc. in Cuyahoga County are CSU grads.  Akron is a nice school, too, although if you're already in Cleveland it's a bit far a commute to make on a daily basis.

Don't make money the deciding factor, but do consider it... it's a lot nicer to graduate with $75K in debt than $150K in debt, as many of my classmates are finding out the hard way.  People on here will probably say "take the higher-ranked school (which is Case), money be damned," but within the NE Ohio market I don't think you can go wrong with either school.

I didn't apply to CSU, but I did choose Case over Ohio State because I really liked it (still do) and because it's a great school. 
PM me if you have any questions about Case.