Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What Should you do while you wait for your Decision?  (Read 3423 times)

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
Re: What Should you do while you wait for your Decision?
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 04:14:57 PM »
I'm sorry..  I'm probably asking a really stupid question, but what's an REI?  ???

REI is the name of a national sporting goods retailer
Vanderbilt 2010

pigwidgeon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 04:16:43 PM »
I'm sorry..  I'm probably asking a really stupid question, but what's an REI?  ???

I would say more outdoorsy than sports. Hiking, biking, kayaking all that type of thing. CLothes and equipment. Its also a cooperative- so all memebers hold a share.

Boonies

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 06:47:59 PM »

I would say more outdoorsy than sports. Hiking, biking, kayaking all that type of thing. CLothes and equipment. Its also a cooperative- so all memebers hold a share.

I can never seem to remember what the acronym stands for!! 

(c)Recreational Equipment Inc.

CTR

• This is my ride to work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 08:51:58 PM »
Travel.  You won't have another opportunity for a long time.  I'm going to South America.  Highlight:  hiking the Inca Trail.

bill612mass

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 09:44:02 PM »
I'm going to stare anxiously at the screen while I obsessively switch back and forth between LSD, LSN, and LSAC while I eat tons of cookies...TONS AND TONS of cookies!!!

i like that plan a lot.

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006, 08:18:51 AM »
I'm thinking about getting a part-time job as a waitress so I can have some extra cash to pay for applications and things. I haven't been a waitress since high school. The memory of it must be quite dim, since I'm planning on putting myself through that torture again. Also, the boyfriend felt very neglected while I was studying for the LSAT and putting my app packages together, so I have to pay more attention to him now. I can't imagine how he's going to feel when I move away for law school!

I thought about waitressing (I used to do it in college), but then I remembered that while the $$$ is good, it is so exhausting and the people who work in restaurants can be a bit shady. It's up to you, but I'd go for a retail job at a clothing store you love, a book store, REI, etc. or spending time at a PT job somewhere you'd enjoy hanging out. Don't torture your body with serving!

Well considering that I have hairy muscular man legs, I doubt I'd garner many tips. 
Yale 2010

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2006, 08:20:02 AM »
pretending like i still care about my grades.

I'm with you there.  I'm trying exceptionally hard to keep the interest alive in my classes. 
Yale 2010

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2006, 08:22:24 AM »
I'll be studying for my STEP course that I was supposed to start months ago, working at my regular job, maybe getting a part time job as a hostess, start exercising again, talk to family/friends/bf without mentioning law school in every other sentence.

What's a STEP course?
Yale 2010

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2006, 08:49:32 AM »
I'll be studying for my STEP course that I was supposed to start months ago, working at my regular job, maybe getting a part time job as a hostess, start exercising again, talk to family/friends/bf without mentioning law school in every other sentence.

What's a STEP course?

Society of Trust and Estate Practicioners.  British based, but gradually spreading to the US.  Also popular in the Caribbean.  You take a series of courses to receive the STEP designation.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

pigwidgeon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006, 02:25:31 PM »
Yeah except that your actual pay check will not be very much! It's all about the tips. Do you live in a State with a waitress wage?