Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What Should you do while you wait for your Decision?  (Read 3470 times)

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
What Should you do while you wait for your Decision?
« on: November 02, 2006, 11:19:30 AM »
Ok so from now until December-April what are your plans while you wait?  Give me some ideas.  I'm already getting way too anxious and there's a whole lotta time left to wait. 
Yale 2010

pazzo83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What Should you do while you wait for your Decision?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 11:29:23 AM »
Drink heavily.

Drew P. Bottom

• Sr. Citizen
  • You do not understand the power of the dark side.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 11:32:35 AM »
Saving up money/writing.
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -- James Madison

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 11:36:44 AM »
Traithlon training --- assuming I can get my fat butt in gear.

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 11:44:45 AM »
pretending like i still care about my grades.

pigwidgeon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 11:46:41 AM »
My plans are to continue working my job and keep on with my volunteer work.

Go volunteer somewhere! (abroad or at home).

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 11:52:38 AM »
I'm going to stare anxiously at the screen while I obsessively switch back and forth between LSD, LSN, and LSAC while I eat tons of cookies...TONS AND TONS of cookies!!!

As long as I'm not the only one... :)

I'm staying busy with work, volunteering, planning some trips, helping some friends plan their weddings, alternately playing with dog and boyfriend, and I got a PT job in addition to my FT job so I don't obsessively switch back and forth between LSD, LSN and LSAC while I eat tons of cookies!
Vanderbilt 2010

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 12:06:21 PM »
I'm going to stare anxiously at the screen while I obsessively switch back and forth between LSD, LSN, and LSAC while I eat tons of cookies...TONS AND TONS of cookies!!!

On second thought, your plan sounds a lot better than mine.

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 12:07:21 PM »
I'm thinking about getting a part-time job as a waitress so I can have some extra cash to pay for applications and things. I haven't been a waitress since high school. The memory of it must be quite dim, since I'm planning on putting myself through that torture again. Also, the boyfriend felt very neglected while I was studying for the LSAT and putting my app packages together, so I have to pay more attention to him now. I can't imagine how he's going to feel when I move away for law school!

I thought about waitressing (I used to do it in college), but then I remembered that while the $$$ is good, it is so exhausting and the people who work in restaurants can be a bit shady. It's up to you, but I'd go for a retail job at a clothing store you love, a book store, REI, etc. or spending time at a PT job somewhere you'd enjoy hanging out. Don't torture your body with serving!
Vanderbilt 2010

parsley

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 12:12:43 PM »
Don't slack off on grades.  You may need to get yourself off a waitlist with a second semester transcript.  Or you may wind up taking a year off and need them to apply again. (  :( Doh! Wish I'd thunk that one through.)

Also, keep doing kick ass stuff so you can send letters of continued interest with resume updates.  (Don't update after everything, but it's cool to send one in January saying "Over the last three months, I've done some other cool things")