Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOR from a TA?  (Read 717 times)

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
LOR from a TA?
« on: August 29, 2004, 04:29:58 AM »
i have a bad 2.77 gpa so needless to say there have been few classes where i recieved a solid A.  im certainly not going to ask a professor for a LOR if i got a B- or C in his class, so that limits my choices to a few professors.  unfortunately i NEVER went to office hours for any of those classes, and i really doubt the profs would even recognize me, let alone remember anything significant about me.

but i do have a friend who will be TAing one of my classes this fall.  i could have him write a kick ass LOR for me, but im not sure if this would be ok.

moral issues aside, do law schools care if your academic LOR comes from a TA instead of professor?  since we will both be applying to the some of the same schools, is there any chance the adcoms would see that the same person who wrote my LOR is also another candidate for admission and if so, would they care?

i have one good LOR from an employer but im really worried about what to do about the academic one.  any advice would be appreciated.  thanks.

londongirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LOR from a TA?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 06:18:20 AM »
Moral issues aside, as you said, I don't think having it from a TA matters. If he 'knew you best'  they'd rather have one from a TA than from a prof who doesn't know you at all.