Law School Discussion

Georgetown Acceptance

Re: Georgetown Acceptance
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2006, 04:43:48 PM »
I'm in!

Hand-written note mentions my PS, and I'm living in good ol' Berkeley (Near San Franscisco, so clear across the country.)

Woo!

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2006, 04:45:47 PM »
I'm in!

Hand-written note mention my PS, living in good ol' Berkeley (Near San Franscisco, so clear across the country.)

Woo!

Yippee!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2006, 04:52:58 PM »
I'm in!

Hand-written note mentions my PS, and I'm living in good ol' Berkeley (Near San Franscisco, so clear across the country.)

Woo!

Congrats, prolesurge!

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2006, 04:57:08 PM »
I'm in!

Woo!

Congrats, prolesurge!

Yay! That's pretty awesome that they mentioned your PS. It must be top-notch, yo.

Thanks, I appreciate it!
I took a risk with the PS, so it definitely feels good that it didn't turn any of the readers off.

jd2bee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2006, 04:59:27 PM »
I'm in!

Woo!

Hooray - way to go!  Way to represent Cali.  Was it postmarked Monday or Tuesday?

I'm sure this is the first of many many, Prolesurge

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2006, 05:00:25 PM »
Thats; awesome news Prolsurge

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2006, 05:00:45 PM »
Prole - Ah, you should tell us a little about it - now I'm curious.

Big time congrats, by the way. Is Georgetown a top choice?

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2006, 05:01:50 PM »
I'm in!

Woo!

Hooray - way to go!  Way to represent Cali.  Was it postmarked Monday or Tuesday?

I'm sure this is the first of many many, Prolesurge

Tuesday. Hallooweeeeennn.
The letter itself is dated on the 30th.

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2006, 05:14:10 PM »
Prole - Ah, you should tell us a little about it - now I'm curious.

Big time congrats, by the way. Is Georgetown a top choice?

My PS didn't deal with classical Law School fodder (or, as some may be thinking, my ethnicity or experience as a mexican). It dealt with a decidedly personal and difficult period in my life in a very frank manner. Some people that proofed it for me felt that it came off, at times, a little too honest. But I resisted the urge to play it too safe with it and I'm happy it hasn't sabotaged (at least at one school) my application.

Georgetown is definitely up there in terms of my choices l (I'm a big politics buff, and Washington DC is the place to be).

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2006, 05:14:27 PM »
Congrats man!  I am still hitting myself for not checking the damn EA box.  I emailed the admissions office but they haven't gotten back to me.