Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For all those voting in the upcoming Primary Elections  (Read 718 times)

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
For all those voting in the upcoming Primary Elections
« on: November 01, 2006, 08:22:13 PM »
Make sure you vote NO to affirmative action. the law is worded so that if you vote yes you are saying that you want to get rid of affirmative action. i can't remember the exact wording but it says something like affirmative action provides these benefits to these people do you want to get rid of this program...they know black folks dont read so they are hoping everyone just checks yes PAY ATTENTION...dont let Plymouth Rock land on you...
...man, you was who you was before you got here

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: For all those voting in the upcoming Primary Elections
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 08:25:21 PM »
Make sure you vote NO to affirmative action. the law is worded so that if you vote yes you are saying that you want to get rid of affirmative action. i can't remember the exact wording but it says something like affirmative action provides these benefits to these people do you want to get rid of this program...they know black folks dont read so they are hoping everyone just checks yes PAY ATTENTION...dont let Plymouth Rock land on you...

Hiya jarhead.     Is there a website/article on that?  If there is could u post the link..I'd like to see it. 
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 08:32:18 PM »
no i saw the actual article the way it will be written...you can google it if you want

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 08:33:47 PM »
there is a website called dontvote.com and a few others that may have something....a clerk showed it to me

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 08:56:59 PM »
Oh okay,  good stuff.  Thanks  :)
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

J D

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lust isn't one of the 7 Deadly Sins for nothing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 10:01:42 PM »
In general, I think you should get the ballot questions and read them ahead of time anyway, no?   :-\
"I never think of the future.  It comes soon enough."--Albert Einstein

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 08:46:33 AM »
You guys should really see this:

AMERICAN BLACKOUT (documentary)

Many have heard of the alleged voting irregularities that occurred during the presidential elections of 2000 and 2004. Until now, these incidents have gone under- reported and are commonly written-off as insignificant rumors or unintentional mishaps resulting from an overburdened election system.

American Blackout chronicles the recurring patterns of voter disenfranchisement from Florida 2000 to Ohio 2004 while following the story of Georgia Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney. Mckinney not only took an active role investigating these election debacles, but has found herself in the middle of her own after publicly questioning the Bush Administration about the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 02:48:36 PM »

that's exactly what happened in Cali with Prop 209.  The majority of the people who voted for Prop 209 actualy thought that they were voting to support affirmative action instead of doing away with it, which is what ended up happening.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 07:26:33 PM »
In general, I think you should get the ballot questions and read them ahead of time anyway, no?   :-\

should =do