Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How do I cancel the LSAT?  (Read 9593 times)

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
Re: How do I cancel the LSAT?
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2004, 01:48:33 AM »
I can see this is going to be like a train wreck - so ugly you know it's wrong, but you just can't stop yourself from looking.

I agree with your comment about TDP's post, but think you got in over your head after that.  Please help me with the factual evidence about blacks being bred to be better athletes.  I don't count the offhand remark of a dead bookie to be factual evidence.

Next, I'm still curious - aren't you concerned with posting what some might consider a racist remark on a public forum.  You're hardly anonymous and I can't believe this kind of thing would help with admissions.

BTW, just for starting this in Noell's thread I think we should both donate to her LSAT cause.  However, I thought I read she was chucking the LSAT in favor of the GMAT.  What's up with that?

I know the factual evidence, and I am no way obliged to do your research.  This is a very well known topic, and even blacks agree with the statement.  It goes back to the slave days, but much more in detail before that.  You can do your own research.

Am I concerned somebody would forward a racist comment to an adcom?  No.  Even if it was a racist comment, nothing here is taken seriously, do you really believe an adcom would look at a message board as means of judging somebody?  Nope.  I don't understand your dead bookie remark. 
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

M2

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2004, 06:27:17 PM »
Swifty,

The burdence of proof is on you.
You made the claim, now back it up with evidence.

It's that simple.

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2004, 11:51:31 PM »
Judicial notice.  Look it up. 
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

Matthew_24_24

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2004, 02:20:18 AM »
Desmo, i dont think his comment was racist.

I disagree with it, but for the following reasons:

He said that black athletes were "bred" to be better athletes.

This denotes artificial selection...and i don't agree with that.

I believe black athletes were chosen through natural selection, with the environmental pressure coming from survival in the savannah (changes in musculature, surface area) over thousands of years and more intense environment pressures resulting from the slave trade and the resulting HEAVY labor occupations (4-7 generations worth).

IMO

Matt

M2

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2004, 11:25:05 AM »
Desmo, i dont think his comment was racist.

I disagree with it, but for the following reasons:

He said that black athletes were "bred" to be better athletes.

This denotes artificial selection...and i don't agree with that.

I believe black athletes were chosen through natural selection, with the environmental pressure coming from survival in the savannah (changes in musculature, surface area) over thousands of years and more intense environment pressures resulting from the slave trade and the resulting HEAVY labor occupations (4-7 generations worth).

IMO

Matt

You think evolution can act within 4-7 generations??

M2

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2004, 11:26:52 AM »
Judicial notice.  Look it up. 

we aren't in a court room.

Its common courtesy and proper netiquette  to back up wild claims.

M2

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2004, 11:29:31 AM »
This is a very well known topic, and even blacks agree with the statement. 

Which "blacks" ?

All of them?? lmao...
So if I find a white person to agree with me that you are a moron, that makes it true?

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2004, 11:32:35 AM »
Am I the only one who is morbidly fascinated with this thread?  It's like rubber necking at a horrible car accident.  Nothing good is coming out of it, but you just can't look away.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2004, 02:10:27 PM »
I keep reading it... :P

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2004, 04:11:51 PM »
Ooooooooooo, I got one of those!  But, uh, no money... LOL

We were at a gas station this weekend, and these two black/African-American boys came over and made this little spiel (sp?) about how they're selling candy as a fundraiser for their basketball team and something about UNLV, yada yada, and we felt bad, so we bought this mini Butterfinger 10-pack for $5.  I swear that thing is like $1 in stores.  So maybe you can buy candy and then sell it at a huge markup?  Ha ha.

Why did you specify the race of these two kids? IF they were white, would you have not mentioned their ethnicity?  Or because of the relationship of African Americans to
Basketball?  Yes, whites are a minority in that sport, and most sports for that matter. 

I would have specified if they were white if that were relevant in my head.  You're right that it wasn't relevant to the story the way I presented it, but it was relevant in my subconscious reasoning.  I figure that black people are discriminated against in general, and the area that the kids said they were from is a disadvantaged area where very few of the kids graduate and go to college (I know this because I had two friends in college who were from that area; 40% graduate from HS, something like 12% go to college).  Because of all that, I felt like I should do something to help, so I bought totally overpriced candy.  It had nothing to do with the relationship to basketball; they could have asked for money for their hockey team (to borrow from a later post) or lacrosse camp or whatever other predominantly white activity you can think of.  I still would have given them money.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?