Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How do I cancel the LSAT?  (Read 9708 times)

M2

Re: How do I cancel the LSAT?
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2004, 11:04:28 AM »

It took you less than an hour to set the site up.  Something smells fishy.

hmm ??? :o ::) :'( :P

noell.sweet

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2004, 12:48:33 PM »
Huh? ??? Considering I used to make webpages for a living, it probably wouldn't take me "an hour" to make even the most sophisticated of websites.

But, in any case, I put it up in the beginning as a joke, so it's not like I'm FORCING you to donate.  :P In fact, I could care less if you do ... ::)

It took you less than an hour to set the site up.  Something smells fishy.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2004, 12:54:44 PM »
Yes, whites are a minority in that sport, and most sports for that matter. 

Getting a little over-general in your sports here, aren't ya?  "Sports" is not just basketball, football, and track and field.

thinknpositive

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2004, 01:05:29 PM »

Getting a little over-general in your sports here, aren't ya?  "Sports" is not just basketball, football, and track and field.

white guys dominate the shot put

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2004, 10:00:50 PM »

Nope.  It's true.  Hockey and golf (golf I cannot call a sport) are two very good exceptions, and there are more exceptions, but overall, blacks were "bred" to be better athletes than whites.  I've said this before, ask Jimmy the Greek.
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2004, 08:46:21 AM »
Ok, I have to ask.  Aren't you concerned about posting a somewhat racist remark on a public forum.  I mean what would happen if someone really got pissed off at you and decided to forward this thread to the admin guy where you're applying?  I mean schools are looking for diversity, not another 40 year old WASP who thinks the black race was 'bred' to be different.

And do you really know Jimmy the Greek?  It's going to be hard to ask him if you've said that before, after all he's dead.

M2

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2004, 12:17:44 PM »
but overall, blacks were "bred" to be better athletes than whites.  I've said this before, ask Jimmy the Greek.

You gotta be f-ing kidding me...
The ignorance of some of the people   on this board never ceases to amaze  me

mukhia

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2004, 12:39:54 PM »
overall, blacks were "bred" to be better athletes than whites. 

Been watching Chris Rocks' Never Scared, huh?  As he says, soon as they find a way to make those ice rinks warmer, the blacks will dominate ice hockey also!

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2004, 08:17:06 PM »
I don't see anything wrong stating a point based on factual evidence.  If you think that is racist, fine, I can't stop what you believe.  The whole point is that TDP pookie pointed ou that 2 kids were selling candy at a store to help them fund their basketball league.  I simply asked "why whas it necessary to mention the race of these two kids (black/African American), it wasn't even a post about race.  I don't know why she was compelled to mention the race, it is of no importance to her post. 
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2004, 09:03:03 PM »
I can see this is going to be like a train wreck - so ugly you know it's wrong, but you just can't stop yourself from looking.

I agree with your comment about TDP's post, but think you got in over your head after that.  Please help me with the factual evidence about blacks being bred to be better athletes.  I don't count the offhand remark of a dead bookie to be factual evidence.

Next, I'm still curious - aren't you concerned with posting what some might consider a racist remark on a public forum.  You're hardly anonymous and I can't believe this kind of thing would help with admissions.

BTW, just for starting this in Noell's thread I think we should both donate to her LSAT cause.  However, I thought I read she was chucking the LSAT in favor of the GMAT.  What's up with that?