Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How do you get off of the wait-list and accepted before May  (Read 1319 times)

cmt

• View Profile
How do you get off of the wait-list and accepted before May
« on: February 18, 2004, 10:04:27 PM »
How do you get off of the wait-list and accepted before May?  Has anyone out there been wait-listed this year and then accepted after being placed on a wait-list?  If so, what did you do to be proactive?

I am wait-listed at Dickinson (Penn State) and at University of Maryland--my number one and two choice schools.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
cmt

bobfett33

Re: How do you get off of the wait-list and accepted before May
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 11:34:14 PM »
I'll bet sending them a $30,000 deposit would help!

abmarz

• View Profile
Re: How do you get off of the wait-list and accepted before May
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 09:58:48 AM »
I'm in the same boat as you. I was wait listed at Catholic, which is one of my top choices and I really want to get accepted. I contacted the admissions director and he said to send in a rec (preferably from a current employer), updated transcripts is applicable, and a letter describing why you want to go to that school specifically over any other one.

Good news is, people do get off wait lists. I was wait listed at Hofstra in January and they accepted me off the list a week ago and also told me that I am a finalist for a child advocacy fellowship. I'm pretty happy about that, but I'd still like to live in DC over Long Island.

Would you want to exchange emails?