Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: California proposition discussion  (Read 922 times)

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
California proposition discussion
« on: October 31, 2006, 09:30:04 PM »
So far just me, cal and pigwidgeon, but all Californians and non-Californians should come tell us what to think....

Edit: Here's the old discussion

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,74666.msg1735171/topicseen.html#new
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

h2xblive

Re: California proposition discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 09:31:56 PM »
So far just me, cal and pigwidgeon, but all Californians and non-Californians should come tell us what to think....

What am I missing?

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 09:42:04 PM »
Mmm California...

pigwidgeon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 09:44:10 PM »
I'd be interested to hear if anyone has anything to say against Prop 86.
In England we have a high tax on cigarettes which I support, but then again we do have a National Health Care system to fund. I don't really know too much about this Prop. I'd love to hear people's thoughts. 

pigwidgeon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 09:50:25 PM »
Also interested in any discussion of Governor...
Cal and Goalie do you have strong feelings about this?

pigwidgeon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 10:17:54 PM »
I would vote for Arnold. Environmentally he has been really quite good. He has done a few things I haven't liked but generally more good than bad. Most of all he has done things- he has been very active. Something the democrats might like to try.

He is a high profile figure in the Repub Party but not a big ally of the President. I don't think his party affiliation is a very good reason not to vote for him. I'm not a big fan of the democrats right now anyway. (Which by no means makes me a fan of the Republicans). 

So yes, I would vote for Arnold I think he has some good intentions and will move forward towards positive change in California.

iSalute

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freedom don't come free
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 10:22:54 PM »
Arnold has actually done a great job in office. He is breaking away a bit from his conservative counterparts (which does scare me a little), but he is really becoming the moderate that Califonia needs. I am not a huge environmentally friendly guy, but he has being doing a great job of making this state more green. He has creates thousands of jobs and reduced the CA deficit. Both obviously good things. However, I do believe a lot of his good fortunes also have to do with our federal economy. DOW has hit its highest mark EVER. That is itself is incredible. CA, and the US in general is in a great groove right now, I hope this midterm election doesn't screw everything up. Freaking tax and spend Dems.
The University of San Diego c/o 2011.

http://themeaningofmadness.blogspot.com/

annab

• Sr. Citizen
  • I will not pay taxes for war, thank you very much
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 12:13:37 AM »
Arnold has actually done a great job in office. He is breaking away a bit from his conservative counterparts (which does scare me a little), but he is really becoming the moderate that Califonia needs. I am not a huge environmentally friendly guy, but he has being doing a great job of making this state more green. He has creates thousands of jobs and reduced the CA deficit. Both obviously good things. However, I do believe a lot of his good fortunes also have to do with our federal economy. DOW has hit its highest mark EVER. That is itself is incredible. CA, and the US in general is in a great groove right now, I hope this midterm election doesn't screw everything up. Freaking tax and spend Dems.

I don't understand why people make a big deal about the Dow.  Do you even know what it means?  ::)

And economic indicators are pretty mixed at the moment, I think.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 12:24:07 AM »
No on 90.
That's the only one I'm sure of.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

wannaB1L

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mike Nifong '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 01:56:21 AM »
I am voting Yes for parental notification of a minors planned abortion. Parents should have control over their children's lives. Minors do not have capacity to make contracts, so they should not be able to make  life and death and health choices without the input of their parents. And the argument that 'well it will just drive them underground' is akin to legalizing crack because we can at least monitor crackheads better, and they can get their rock from a pharmacy instead of a back alley. I had a dear friend who had a couple abortions and she was terrified that she would not be able to have a child, because the doctor warned her that with each one, her chances of a successful prego go down, something to do with scar tissue. Another friend of mine told me she regretted her abortion...it haunts her, and she is one of those radical activists types.
a pirate's life for me.

SAVE THE WTO NOW!