Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New to this board and Law School apps  (Read 1655 times)

brain_bliss

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New to this board and Law School apps
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 08:50:12 AM »
NC Central has a part time program, fyi.
People suffer romantic misconceptions when I tell them I'm a freelance writer.  They think black turtlenecks and clove cigs.  It's more poverty and Ramen noodles.  So, law school.

Check my Law School Numbers Page...

stella

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 10:38:18 AM »
I'm an NC resident, so I'm not concerned with that. 

It's looking more and more that we will be staying in NC, so my choices are Campbell (too far), NCCU (I know people in the part time program who have difficulty finding employ, and one was told flat out, "We don't take people from NCCU") is third from the bottom of the barrel on US News for easiest to get in.  So that leaves me UNC and Duke, and I would prefer UNC.  I'm not sure what will happen.  Some days I think I can get in, other days I think this is all a waste.  Is anyone else riding this rollercoaster?

brain_bliss

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 11:53:25 AM »
Yeah, I'm on it too.  Although, I haven't taken the LSAT yet...couple of weeks still.

But, I know what you mean about UNC.  I look at my numbers, and then the numbers on their site, and I try to figure out whether I will get in, etc. etc....

I'm just going to apply and not worry about it...if that's possible.

B
People suffer romantic misconceptions when I tell them I'm a freelance writer.  They think black turtlenecks and clove cigs.  It's more poverty and Ramen noodles.  So, law school.

Check my Law School Numbers Page...

fredm04

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 04:42:30 PM »

I took the December LSAT.  It is pretty late to be doing it, and I wouldn't recommend it -- but since you don't have a choice, you definitely should get all your apps done before you take the LSAT, so schools will start reviewing as soon as they get your scores.  Schools will say that everyone who applies before the deadline is given equal opportunity, but they lie.

Fred
HLS 2008

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 01:49:27 PM »
I'm an NC resident, so I'm not concerned with that. 

It's looking more and more that we will be staying in NC, so my choices are Campbell (too far), NCCU (I know people in the part time program who have difficulty finding employ, and one was told flat out, "We don't take people from NCCU") is third from the bottom of the barrel on US News for easiest to get in.  So that leaves me UNC and Duke, and I would prefer UNC.  I'm not sure what will happen.  Some days I think I can get in, other days I think this is all a waste.  Is anyone else riding this rollercoaster?

you are forgetting Wake ...  is that too far?  I have heard good things.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...