Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: John Kerry on Education  (Read 8090 times)

zmlbc

Re: John Kerry on Education
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2006, 11:42:34 PM »
We need a military, just like we need teachers and parole officers and traffic wardens etc. When't the last time that you saw a social worker or a career public defender in the box at the State of the Union? Never, that's when.

Our military is a bit more important than the rest wouldn't you say?

I would much prefer to live in a country without soldiers than a country without teachers.

zmlbc

« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2006, 11:47:12 PM »

I would much prefer to live in a country without soldiers than a country without teachers.

Can't I just live in a country and let soldiers and teachers live in peace??

No!!  You have to be for or against.  Either you hate the soldiers or you hate the teachers.

Yoda, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bringing Sweet Forcelike Justice Beginning '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2006, 12:25:02 AM »

Can't I just live in a country and let soldiers and teachers live in peace??

No!!  You have to be for or against.  Either you hate the soldiers or you hate the teachers.

I hate the sith.
Have you ever considered the practical benefits of force lightning at a barbecue?

obamacon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2006, 12:26:04 AM »

With chocolate drops and gummy bears no doubt.

wannaB1L

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mike Nifong '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2006, 12:27:24 AM »
Screw the troops.

did you hear about that SEAL that dove on a granade to save his squad's lives last month? Like everyone else...? Yeah right. On average, the better half. They serve because it is their duty to, and more than that it is an honor to serve the Republic. GOD BLESS AMERICA.
a pirate's life for me.

SAVE THE WTO NOW!

KillYourself

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2006, 01:01:54 AM »
Screw the troops.

did you hear about that SEAL that dove on a granade to save his squad's lives last month? Like everyone else...? Yeah right. On average, the better half. They serve because it is their duty to, and more than that it is an honor to serve the Republic. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

calm yourself. 

wannaB1L

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mike Nifong '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2006, 01:10:40 AM »
Screw the troops.

calm yourself. 
I decided to post positives instead of anything negative I may have felt. What did I write that gave you the impression of not being calm? Graciously...Soon-toB1L.
a pirate's life for me.

SAVE THE WTO NOW!

KillYourself

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2006, 01:13:42 AM »
Screw the troops.

I decided to post positives instead of anything negative I may have felt. What did I write that gave you the impression of not being calm? Graciously...

I use the phrase "calm yourself" quite liberally.  I was really just referring to your all caps statement "god bless america".  There's always been something about that statement that annoys the sh*t out of me.  If there is a God, I would like to think he doesn't pick sides or bless a particular country over another.  God bless america?  @#!* that.  god bless everyone on earth.
calm yourself. 

Ever

« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2006, 01:15:25 AM »
You know, "screw the troops" may not have been meant literally... Just because Bush is in the White House doesn't mean everything is plainly spoken.

wannaB1L

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mike Nifong '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2006, 01:43:54 AM »
Screw the troops.

I decided to post positives instead of anything negative I may have felt. What did I write that gave you the impression of not being calm? Graciously...

I use the phrase "calm yourself" quite liberally.  I was really just referring to your all caps statement "god bless america".  There's always been something about that statement that annoys the sh*t out of me.  If there is a God, I would like to think he doesn't pick sides or bless a particular country over another.  God bless america?  @#!* that.  god bless everyone on earth.
calm yourself. 

Probably because you hate America, and the flag makes you sick as it is a symbol of oppression in your mind. I believe you are the one who needs to calm down (cussing and becoming annoyed), and I say GOD BLESS AMERICA. I would prefer to live, but it would be an honor to die for this SACRED REPUBLIC, that people are scrambling all over the earth to get to. I get chills when I see some Mexican or Chinese immigrant with an American flag sticker on their car. E PLURIBUS UNUM, outstanding. Providence has smiled upon our blessed Republic.
a pirate's life for me.

SAVE THE WTO NOW!