Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SoCal schools  (Read 2931 times)

ruskiegirl

Re: SoCal schools
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2004, 11:36:48 PM »
GPA: 3.91 in an independent major honors program. my emphasis is society and law.  LSAT: embarrassingly low. still hoping for the best.  i'm a first generation immigrant, bi-lingual and bi-cultural. we'll see if that really matters.

joegibbsiii

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2004, 12:16:15 AM »
Into USC today with a 3.74 and a 167.  I think my work experience at US DOJ in DC helps me a lot at a west coast school.

chica1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2004, 12:44:40 AM »
Ack! What is with the UC schools? Their review speeds are all so different. My files were complete in late Dec., and I am still waiting to hear from UCLA and UC Davis. But, both my first acceptance (from UC Hastings), and my first rejection (from Berkeley) came in late January.
Also, I'm still waiting to hear from Santa Clara and Stanford.

The waiting is so agonizing!!
Good luck to everyone!

nyugrad

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2004, 07:16:32 AM »
Auto rejects (no chance in hell apps) were sent out for Hastings, Loyola, and SC for people who went complete before Jan.  So I think if your numbers are a bit lower than average good luck because no news is still good news they're still thinking about it at least.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2004, 10:28:12 AM »
How do you know about the automatic rejections?

nyugrad

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2004, 09:44:48 PM »
sadly my sister was one.  With a respectable UGPA and not so hot LSATs, she and her friend went complete December 1 and heard back third week in January.  That's just about 6 weeks of deliberation if the schools actually looked at the applications during Xmas break. 

Meanwhile my mentee who went complete mid-November but is closer to borderline at those schools heard great news from loyola and hastings last week and still nothing from SC and UCLA.  We're fine with letting them think it over.