Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SoCal schools  (Read 2873 times)

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.2, 165 LSAT, going to Loyola w/full ride
    • View Profile
SoCal schools
« on: February 18, 2004, 03:21:47 PM »
Has anyone else heard from southern california schools?

I have been accepted at whittier, pepperdine, and loyola, I am waiting on USD, USC, UCLA

bobfett33

Re: SoCal schools
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 03:23:08 PM »
I'm still waiting on USD, UCLA and Berkeley.  I went complete in early Feb.  But, then, I'm still waiting on the other four schools to which I applied, also...  :-\

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 03:25:35 PM »
where else did you apply?

jbshane

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 04:07:54 PM »
I'm still waiting on 4 out of 6 CA schools - UCLA, USC, Hastings and Davis.  Already received my rejections from Stanford and Boalt.

jfbruin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 04:29:43 PM »
Waiting on USC, Loyola, USD, & Chapman.  All applications complete since early February.

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 04:38:27 PM »
I don't know of anyone whos heard from UCLA, USC, or USD.  I know a lot of people still waiting on Loyola also

bobfett33

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 07:41:14 PM »
I take it back - I just got the mail today (2/18/04) and I was accepted by USD!  Yay!

I spoke with the financial aid people, and they said that #1) merit scholarships are sent separate from your decision letter, #2) that merit scholarships could come at any time, and #3) that merit scholarships are independent of any other financial aid stuff - meaning you don't have to fill the FAFSA or anything else out to get a merit scholarship.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 10:17:38 PM »
still waiting for all my cali schools (stanford, berkley, usc, hastings, davis, loyola, and ucla). i sent out applications in early january.

i'm pissed at loyola. they decided to notify me this week that they allegedly did not get my research statement B, and my file remained incomplete. i called, knowing i had enclosed the statement with my application, to see if i could send them another copy by fax.  the lady put me on hold, and 30 seconds later, my statement miraculously showed up.  i was told that she would update my status to complete and forward my file to the admissions committee.  this could have been done weeks ago! i hope that it did not put me at much of a disadvantage with the rolling admissions process.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2004, 01:56:59 AM »
What are your numbers that is an impressive bunch of Cali schools you applied to?
GOOD LUCK!
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

CaliforniaLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2004, 03:37:29 AM »
Congratulations to everyone.

My applications were completed in Nov/Dec.  LSAT 165, GPA 3.3 in biology from a UC.  Been working for 10 years at a biotech company.  Got in at UOP (McGeorge), USD, Cal. Western, & Santa Clara.  Rejected at Boalt.  Still waiting on Hastings, Davis, UCLA, & USC.