Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Strange LSAT history? Addendum?  (Read 426 times)

Root Hog

• Sr. Citizen
  • The USA PATRIOT Act
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Strange LSAT history? Addendum?
« on: October 29, 2006, 07:52:19 PM »
Here's my situation. OCT '05 - 159, DEC '05 - 172, OCT '06 - 167. Yes, I know I'm an idiot for retaking a 172. I was hoping another similar score would alliviate any doubts about the 159. The question now is, do I write an addendum? If so, what's an exceptable excuse? Or, would it be better to just let the scores speak for themselves and hope all they give a damn about is adding that 172 to their stats? I misbubbled the 159, but the RC simply kicked my ass in the OCT '06 test. My addendum would basically read: "I don't pay close attention to details and screwed up the first one, scored well, and then stupidly decided to confuse things with a third try. So I seem to have just the qualities you're looking for: inattention to detail and poor decision making skills. Thank you for your time."

parsley

Re: Strange LSAT history? Addendum?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 08:05:27 PM »
Haha.  Go with the addendum!

Seriously, I think you should probably apply to schools betting on the 167 score.  The 167 and 172 are in the same score band and are pretty far off from the 159.  It will be obvious that your true ability is closer to 167-172 without an addendum.

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
  • @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Strange LSAT history? Addendum?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 09:10:54 PM »
I think with the new ABA policy of accepting the higher score, a lot if not most schools will judge you based on the 172.  Call the adcoms to verify.
Mr. White: Smoke?
Mr. Pink: I quit.
[later]
Mr. Pink: What, you got one?