Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Are morals absolute and never changing, or do they change with the times??..   starts on 242

What is moral 1000 yrs ago is moral today and will be moral in another 1000 yrs
 6 (21.4%)
Morals can change with the times
 20 (71.4%)
Dunno/Other
 2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: My Thoughts/Rants - Poll: Morals  (Read 156564 times)

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: My Thoughts/Rants - Poll: Exhibitionist? Voyeur?
« Reply #2210 on: August 31, 2007, 09:19:49 PM »
stoopid 20 messages per hour!

i almost guessed her iD!!!
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: August 31, 2007, 09:49:01 PM »
cant really call this a cool link, but worth a look

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e0f_1188431929

mother nature doesnt play around.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: September 02, 2007, 12:51:08 AM »
http://www.imagebam.com/image/f4b68d55288

women, stop giving mixed signals!!!

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: September 04, 2007, 08:22:31 AM »

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: September 04, 2007, 09:01:39 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070903/ap_on_sc/dating_and_mating;_ylt=Ah3YC08ix6RCb843p1TEgoOs0NUE

Study: Men go for good looks

WASHINGTON - Science is confirming what most women know: When given the choice for a mate, men go for good looks.
ADVERTISEMENT

And guys won't be surprised to learn that women are much choosier about partners than they are.

"Just because people say they're looking for a particular set of characteristics in a mate, someone like themselves, doesn't mean that is what they'll end up choosing," Peter M. Todd, of the cognitive science program at Indiana University, Bloomington, said in a telephone interview.

Researchers led by Todd report in Tuesday's edition of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences that their study found humans were similar to most other mammals, "following Darwin's principle of choosy females and competitive males, even if humans say something different."

Their study involved 26 men and 20 women in Munich, Germany.

Participants ranged in age from 26 to their early 40s and took part in "speed dating," short meetings of three to seven minutes in which people chat, then move on to meet another dater. Afterward, participants check off the people they'd like to meet again, and dates can be arranged between pairs who select one another.

Speed dating let researchers look at a lot of mate choices in a short time, Todd said.

In the study, participants were asked before the session to fill out a questionnaire about what they were looking for in a mate, listing such categories as wealth and status, family commitment, physical appearance, healthiness and attractiveness.

After the session, the researchers compared what the participants said they were looking for with the people they actually chose to ask for another date.

Men's choices did not reflect their stated preferences, the researchers concluded. Instead, men appeared to base their decisions mostly on the women's physical attractiveness.

The men also appeared to be much less choosy. Men tended to select nearly every woman above a certain minimum attractiveness threshold, Todd said.

Women's actual choices, like men's, did not reflect their stated preferences, but they made more discriminating choices, the researchers found.

The scientists said women were aware of the importance of their own attractiveness to men, and adjusted their expectations to select the more desirable guys.

"Women made offers to men who had overall qualities that were on a par with the women's self-rated attractiveness. They didn't greatly overshoot their attractiveness," Todd said, "because part of the goal for women is to choose men who would stay with them"

But, he added, "they didn't go lower. They knew what they could get and aimed for that level."

So, it turns out, the women's attractiveness influenced the choices of the men and the women.

this is great, women are even snakier than men!

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: September 05, 2007, 01:58:50 PM »
have you annoyed a new yorker today?

as a floridian, there are tons of them down here

and many like to try and do that talkfastandillgetmewaything

soooooooooo

when they do that

slow it down

make them repeat themselves

repeatedly

it will make you feel soooooooooo good   ;D

unless your the new yorker.  :P

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: September 06, 2007, 03:09:16 PM »
Dear Prudence,
I am a 48-year-old divorced father of two. My children (13 and 18) have lived with me since the divorce, as their mother is constantly in and out of psychiatric hospitals, so there isn't much of a stable mother figure for them. My problem is that I have terminal cancer. It's inoperable and essentially untreatable (according to all of the doctors that have reviewed my case), but I have maybe five or six years before the effects of the cancer are debilitating. I have not informed anyone of my medical situation, although I have known the diagnosis for several years. My children are very sensitive and were devastated by the divorce (six years ago), and my oldest suffers from depression. I fear telling them, as it may upset them too much, but it's getting more difficult to act as if nothing is wrong. I get tired easily and can't do the more active things they want to do anymore. Since my ex-wife is not really an option as a support mechanism for my children, and their extended family lives quite a distance away, I'm at a loss about creating a safe, supportive environment. My youngest should be at least 18 when I can no longer care for them, but I worry about them not having a reliable parent while in college and early in their postgraduate lives. Is it better to tell them now and have all of us learn to live with the eventuality, or should I wait until my health deteriorates more and my youngest is older and (hopefully) more capable of dealing constructively with the situation?

—Worried

Dear Worried,
I am so sorry about what you and your children are facing. I'm sure you feel they have had enough pain in their lives, and it's understandable that you want to protect them as long as you can from what's coming. But they surely suspect something is wrong, and as terrible as your news is, they need to hear from you what's really going on. You also say you haven't told anyone else. This is too much of a burden for you to bear alone. Your friends can be a resource—from just listening to your worries to pitching in with your kids. And even if your extended family is far away, it's time to include them in what's happening. I hope you have many, many years ahead of you, but there is time now to start making stronger connections with your family so your children feel they aren't so alone. Also consider seeing a counselor with your children. Perhaps there is a clergy member you feel comfortable with. The Psychology Today Web site has a referral page that allows you to look up practitioners in your area who have experience dealing with loss and grief. Please get help from as many sources as you can. It will be a relief for you not to feel you must deal with everything alone.

:o :'(

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: September 07, 2007, 01:54:34 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/07/lost.boys/index.html

one of the negatives of Polygamy.

i think polygamy only works on a large scale if there are wars going on and lots of men are dying.

otherwise, large scale polygamy would prob CAUSE a war when all these kids grow up and say, "hey, wheres my woman?!?!"   >:( >:(

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: September 07, 2007, 04:52:26 PM »
http://www.keyghost.com/

is your honey cheating on you?  find out now!

unless your dating me, in which case, trust me baby  ;)   :-*