Law School Discussion

LoR Questions!!!

LoR Questions!!!
« on: October 28, 2006, 02:33:40 PM »
Can someone please explain what would happen if you turned your app in EA but your LORs weren't yet in when the school requests them?  Does it mean that you no longer count with EA status?  What if they are in by 11/15?  I'm getting concerned that LSDAS hasn't received my letters!!!!

rtqw

• Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LoR Questions!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 02:49:15 PM »
If you submit your app before your LORs are in, then LSAC will send the schools an updated report with the new LORs.

For example, I sent out most of my applications with only one LOR in. My second LOR came in these week - LSAC is starting to send out updated reports with that second letter.

When the update occurs, it seems to vary though. Two schools requested my second letter almost immediately, the rest yet have not - but its only been a few days. I've heard that some schools request new letters once a week, others on the 1st and 15th of the month.

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 02:52:27 PM »
Okay...so you'll still count as EA and as long as the letters are there by 11/15, everything is okay?

Saja

• Into enemy territory...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 03:01:43 PM »
Yes, as long as everything is in by the 15th, you're fine.  Some schools even will complete you as long as LSAC has sent everything by the 15th, or so I am told.