Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOR from alumni..  (Read 753 times)

maxse

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
LOR from alumni..
« on: August 28, 2004, 01:11:43 AM »
I just got a nice LOR from one of my law professors in school. It is a generic letter. He said however, that I I think of anything else that he can add, that he wouldn't have a problem... The thing is that he graduated from Fordham Law which is where I want to go. Will it benefit me in any way if I ask him to another letter or something that states he is a Fordham Law Alumni? If so any1 have a clue on how I should ask him to write the letter? Or what it should contain? Since he already wrote me one.... thanks.

lexylit

Re: LOR from alumni..
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 01:16:20 AM »
if it's possible, i would not send his rec to fordham from lsac. explain that it's your top choice and ask him to tweak that letter just a little bit to include things specific to the school-- even if it's just recounting something specific about his own experience and explaining how confident he is you'd thrive there for similar reasons. if he writes that it's your top choice, that might carry more weight than you saying it is, b/c you could say that to every school.

it's also worth telling him on the off chance that he maintains a relationship with anyone there, b/c if he really likes you it might make him pick up the phone and mention your name to someone

foxnewssucks

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 01:20:05 AM »
Only bad thing is that you will be there with that "louder than bombs" individual.  Does not sound like fun.

lexylit

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 01:24:46 AM »
eh, but also my best friend melanie! she's a rockstar.

oh wait she's a 3L  :-\ i'm so old