Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can I still get in?  (Read 1688 times)

treti

• View Profile
Can I still get in?
« on: October 27, 2006, 02:44:03 PM »
Hi everybody,

Can somebody provide me with some advice if I get in any law school with the following profile.
GPA: 3.71, LSAT 143, Languages:  Albanian, English, Spanish, etc.  I am trying to downplay my low LSAT score by emphisizing the fact that I prepared, researched and presented my case for political asylum a couple of years ago at an immigration center.  I was awarded asylum on the first try.  What do you think I should do?  Retake the LSAT (which I don't think I can score any higher because English isn't my first language and I have never taken a standardized test before this) or give it a shot?
Please help me!  Thank You

younghova

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Can I still get in?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 08:14:36 PM »
admissions will love your soft factors. if you can get that lsat score to 150, you'll have a great shot at the some great schools.

SO DEF. RETAKE.

good luck.

LAcreole

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Struggle Continues
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 05:51:19 PM »
I say def. retake as well.
Sellouts for sale: 19.99 for reg. and 29.99 for the limit edition ones. Disclaimer: Not for a limited time only,they keep coming by the mintues.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 07:59:06 PM »
admissions will love your soft factors. if you can get that lsat score to 150, you'll have a great shot at the some great schools.

SO DEF. RETAKE.

good luck.

I agree- they will like your soft factors. And If you are able to retake the test, by all means do so.   
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

toxic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 06:53:06 PM »
take a course and retake.

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 10:47:38 AM »
Definitely retake.  The LSAT does not measure intelligence, but rather your skill in and understanding of logic (i.e. the relationship between ideas).  I recommend that you buy Powerscore's Logical Reasoning Bible and Powerscore's Logic Games Bible, read them and re-read them, practice with actual past LSATs, and then enroll in a Powerscore weekend course taught in your area.  That's what I did, and it really paid off.  There is more helpful advice in the LSAT section of this board.  Definitely re-take.  You should be able to break 150 even without English as your first language, especially when you learn to diagram arguments!
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?