Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: working between undergrad and law school  (Read 588 times)

ipwannabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
working between undergrad and law school
« on: October 27, 2006, 12:46:20 AM »
i am spending a year working between undergrad and law school.  ive been reading some of the other posts and am confused about the effect of my income for this single yr of working....

im also saving as much of my income as i can to help pay for law school.... is this going to hurt my chances of getting fin aid?  should i invest the money instead?

so overwhelmed  :-\

any help is appreciated

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
Re: working between undergrad and law school
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 09:22:22 PM »
I would not worry too much about this. Most schools will want you to spend most of the "extra cash" you have on tuition before they will provide you grants. This is reasonable when you consider that, usually, all applicants are treated equally and that you'll be walking in the door a little richer then some other applicants.

Depending on the school, you may be able to "hide" any extra money you have in a house or some types of investment. Of the few schools I applied to last cycle, it semed that where as it was possible to hide cash in accets at public schools, the private schools wanted to see everything.
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve