Law School Discussion

University of Washington

.zone.

• View Profile
Re: University of Washington
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2007, 05:52:08 PM »
For those of you who got that fin. aid mailing, how long did it take to get it after your FAFSA was processed?  ???

Mpmav1

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2007, 05:55:35 PM »
For those of you who got that fin. aid mailing, how long did it take to get it after your FAFSA was processed?  ???

A month and a half... yet I filed on Jan 1 as will file (and am filing complete tonight).  So maybe I'm an abnormality.  However, just FYI, UW Financial Aid office takes forever to do anything. 

Clipse

• Strictly Bathing Ape, Ice Cream, and BBC rocker...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2007, 11:14:47 PM »
Filling out Fin Aid forms has redoubled my love for UW and it's FAFSA only policy and in-state tuition. Please UW love me back  :-*

« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2007, 11:17:14 PM »
Mpmav - thanks for the suggestion - I am abroad now so my time is all messed up - I will try calling them ASAP.

I saw an interesting thread about UW, especailly concerning aid, on this forum, here http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,22957.1350.html

At least in 2005 it looks like the info about AID came way late - later than reservation time. That's a scary thought, eh.

« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2007, 04:36:56 PM »
ameliabee, thanks for the info. Congrats on getting in!

I actually took Mpmav's advice - but the time was too crazy to call so I emailed, they confirmed the acceptance and were really nice about it. 

Ameliabee - are you seriously considering UW? Looking at your LSN you have a wealth of options, eh. What are you leaning towards?

Mpmav1

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2007, 09:10:19 AM »
I actually took Mpmav's advice - but the time was too crazy to call so I emailed, they confirmed the acceptance and were really nice about it. 

Congrats!  That's wonderful to hear... now if I could just hear back!

« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2007, 04:36:01 AM »
Thank you very much both ameliabee and Mpmav.

Ameliabee - I understand your pull factors.  Well - you have nothing but great choices, huh. Great job!

Maybe I will see you guys there!

« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2007, 09:10:13 AM »
Anyone know if there is an admitted students' event?  If so, when?  I didn't see anything about this in the letters/emails I've received...just an invite to an appeals court session on Feb. 27th. 

.zone.

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2007, 10:53:23 AM »
I haven't seen anything about an admitted students event...all I saw was that orientation is in like mid-September.

Weird
 ???

« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2007, 04:35:24 PM »
Very strange that there is no ASW. Mpmav - good luck - I am sure that you will get in soon!

Did anybody go for that Gates PSL thing?