Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rejection  (Read 6687 times)

iluvcats1977

• LSAT Dec '04, 3.36 UGPA, 3.48 MBA Degree
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iluvcats
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rejection
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2004, 05:20:57 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I too am feeling the pain.  Rejected at Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati, pending at Dayton, Capital, and Ohio Northern.  My UGPA is a 3.35 with a business degree from a top 25 public school, LSAT 147.  I have a history of poor standardized testing, with proof (Cincy still rejected me).  I have an MBA and 4 years of work experience, tons of EC and volunteer activities.  I don't know if law school is in the cards for me...how depressing.... :(

jojo2411

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2004, 07:08:34 PM »
Hi guys,
        I just wanted to say that I'm in the same boat as you all. I have a 3.2 GPA and a horrible 140 LSAT.I don't know if i'm a bad standardized test taker or am not cut for law school but i haven't given hope on law school (yet). I got rejected from: St-John's, U at Buffalo, Cardozo, Rutgers(newark), John Marshall, and Albany. Keep in mind that i applied before i received my score. 4 schools are still pending : Seton Hall, Touro, Hofstra, and NYLS. No hope though. So i'm focusing on a plan B for now and suggest the same for all of you so that we can apply again with a bang!And get in with no problem the next time around.... 8)

DJ_JB

• LSAT: 145 avg (149 Highest) GPA: 3.07
    • MSN Messenger - j.herron@comcast.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - johnherron2003
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jwh014
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2004, 08:24:00 PM »
I just got my first rejection letter from OK City yesterday.  I have taken the LSAT 3 times now, so I'm out of chances.  I studied harder each time and every time I improved.  I started at a 142, took a Kaplan course and got a 144.  I did all of the required homework and busted my butt for the entire time.  This last time I made a 149 which is a great improvement from where I started out with my first practice test (138).  Anyway, I emailed the Director of Admissions at OK City and explained that I thought they were going to wait until my latest scores came in.  He replied to day that I was going to get a re-evaluation and I am hoping for the best. 

Good luck to everyone and I believe with hard work and determination that even the impossible can be achieved

birdhousebirdy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2004, 05:38:58 AM »
My numbers are 3.4 and 160. Rejected from Univ. of Utah and Univ. of Michigan.  Lived abroad for business for 6 years.  Woman.  Decades of impressive community service.  Still rejected.  Very disappointed so far. Very very sad.

DJ_JB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2004, 07:55:35 PM »
Birdhousebirdy,

Those are great numbers.. I'm sure you will get in alot of schools.. Where else did you apply?

DJ_JB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2004, 07:57:03 AM »
I guess it really depends on where you want to go.  I bet most of the schools I am applying to would give money for scores like that. 

ebrumm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2004, 09:03:10 AM »
Well it doesnt hurt just to keep on trying.... and avoid the mailbox if at all possible! hahaha

marcman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.85/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2004, 10:39:46 AM »
ah the mailman.. he and I have become fast friends (although I'm pretty sure he thinks Im a weirdo, which, I guess, I am) keep up the good vibes everyone, especially with your mailman. Ive always had this feeling that the mailman carries two letters from some of the schools Ive applied to (one good one bad) and that he makes the ultimate decsion. Thinking that the mailman has the fate of my entire life in his hands does't help my obseesion with him any... I guess I am a weirdo.. Keep up the spirits and good luck, and love thy mailman. (hey it can't hurt). ;D

pittrugger

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2004, 11:16:37 AM »
Has anyone heard anything definite from Pitt, Dickinson, Case, and/or Ohio State?  To my surprise, I have seen nothing but rejections from all of the schools I have applpied to except these, and quite frankly I'm a little worried.  Even a school like Syracuse, which I thought was a lock, didn't accept me.  This should make for a nice and aggravating spring break.  Here's my numbers and result:

GPA - 3.49
LSAT - 156

Rejected:
GWU
American
Washington and Lee
Boston College
TULANE
SYRACUSE

WAITLIST:
CATHOLIC

"HOLD" (WHATEVER THAT MEANS)
PITT
CASE
OSU

STILL WAITING ON DICKINSON<

THANKS

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2004, 09:47:24 PM »
Case always has a crazy amissions process.  With your numbers alone (not knowing anything else) OSU and Case might be a stretch, but I bet you have a pretty good shot @ Pitt.