Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rejection  (Read 6868 times)

Anti_Ivy

Re: Rejection
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2004, 05:45:35 PM »
Hey, x77 and everyone who has been rejected, just do what I plan to do - pick a local state law school as your first choice {a school that will be your 'safety' school}. That way if you are not accepted to Yale, Harvard [pronounced Hah.vad by those stupid yanks :P] or some other school, you'll still be happy.  Also, if you get rejected, just convince yourself that not only is the rejecting school NOT your first choice, but that the school is beneath YOU.

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2004, 07:38:26 PM »
Hey, what is with the 'stupid yanks' remark?

Anti_Ivy

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2004, 08:39:08 PM »
Hey, what is with the 'stupid yanks' remark?

Well, I said that because I think Harvard Law School is highly overrated.  I just LOVE  ::) that almost every law school in the US News and World Report's top 10 list is located in the north or the west.  Don't get me wrong, I am looking at schools all around the nation, but I am a southerner and would like to attend law school in my homeland -- the south.

planejane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2004, 08:25:47 AM »
Where are you from Antiivey?

tuffguy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2004, 09:58:43 AM »
Tuffguy,

Try this web site.

http://www.deloggio.com/homepage/faq/admproc/trends.htm

Hope this helps... :)

Thanks Jason.  Interesting info :)

Alisha

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2004, 01:36:37 AM »
Okay, I am a newcomer and from what I have seen, I feel like I will not get into any law school. I am still waiting on all my schools. I feel that I have a decent GPA but my LSAT score is the absolute worst. I have never been able to do well on these kind of tests. Now I just feel ignorant but my whole life I have wanted to go to law school.
It has been my dream, but after I have seen other peoples' scores, I am afraid every school is going to reject me.

odes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2004, 01:54:03 AM »
Wanted to keep the rejection list still going.....I got rejected from Tulane, BC, and Notre Dame so far. Waitlisted at USF and Wake. (if you know anything about these wait lists please respond)...I have a 2.9 and a 160. Hope this helps. take care.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2004, 02:12:16 AM »
How bad is the absolute worst, granted before I studied at all for the LSAT I presmed I had the absolute worst LSAT. Mine was a 124. (After study this number became more of a fluke and unrepresentative of my LSAT mastery ability, but since I hadn't studied and I was about 3 years early because I too have always aspired to be  lawyer, I winged it and bombed).
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

Victor

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2004, 03:37:12 AM »
How bad is the absolute worst, granted before I studied at all for the LSAT I presmed I had the absolute worst LSAT. Mine was a 124. (After study this number became more of a fluke and unrepresentative of my LSAT mastery ability, but since I hadn't studied and I was about 3 years early because I too have always aspired to be  lawyer, I winged it and bombed).

Yeah I prepped early also.

pworth

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2004, 09:31:07 AM »
Hi all,

I have been dinged at Florida Coastal, Barry, and Widener thus far...My LSAT is a 145 with my gpa a 2.55. I graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill in political science. I haven't given up hope yet but with each passing day and no new acceptances it is becoming increasingly difficult for optimism. I still have remaining apps out to Whittier, Roger Williams, NESL, St. Thomas, and Western State...Hoping for the best and planning for the worst! Try and stay positive everyone!