Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which colleges to include?  (Read 546 times)

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Which colleges to include?
« on: October 25, 2006, 01:59:07 AM »

I was wondering when you are filling out you're apps, in the section for undergrad institutions, do you INCLUDE all schools you attended or just the one you got the BA from? I attended a university but took 5 classes at a community college for summer school. Should I include the community college in my app? Thanks everyone.

Rusty Shackleford

• Sr. Citizen
  • #1 OATLAW
    • View Profile
Re: Which colleges to include?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 01:59:59 AM »
Yes you have to.  Also you will have to send in the transcript from the CC.
Penn Law 2010

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 08:02:20 PM »
Are you sure? I applied last cycle but never included my community college in my apps.

Will it help me that my community college G.P.A is higher than my university? Will they combine my G.p.A from both schools into one?

guyminuslife

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 08:11:05 PM »
Yes, you must include it, and they'll most likely factor it into your overall GPA.

Sucks for me, I took community college classes when I was 17ish and didn't do nearly as well as I have since I've come to university.

Rusty Shackleford

• Sr. Citizen
  • #1 OATLAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 08:23:15 PM »
Yes, you must include it, and they'll most likely factor it into your overall GPA.

Sucks for me, I took community college classes when I was 17ish and didn't do nearly as well as I have since I've come to university.

Me too.  I made two B's at a CC while I was in HS, but only one while in college.  >:( >:( >:(

Oh well, no big deal.
Penn Law 2010

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 09:39:00 PM »
Well on lsac, I never included the community college. How do I go about doing a transcript request if it is not listed on lsac?

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 08:17:34 AM »
Well on lsac, I never included the community college. How do I go about doing a transcript request if it is not listed on lsac?

Call or email lsac to add the school.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

degrassi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 09:46:10 AM »
Check the wording of the application. Some say, all undergraduate institutions attended - in your case, you must list CC there. If it says, as some do, "where you were working towards a degree" or something of that nature, then you MAY not need to list the CC there.

On the other hand, I took two classes through a local University while I was still in high school (took the courses at HS, they just counted for college credit). I had  those transcripts sent to LSAC, of course, but I am not listing that in "undergraduate institutions attended" because I didn't attend the school and I wasn't an undergrad. [Does everyone agree that this is correct? -- I am not 100% about my situation]

No matter what, though, you MUST have the CC transcripts sent to LSAC. And if you had good grades then there is no reason not to send them!

HLS '10

LSN

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 02:22:54 PM »
Thanks everyone.

I called lsac and told them to add the community college. I then had my transcript requested from my CC and had it mailed to the lsac address with my social # printed on it. LSAC people said they DO NOT recommend this but it was acceptable. Hope it goes smoothly

Does anyone know how much weight they will give my community college grades? Its only 5 classes, but I did well. Its like 3.5

degrassi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 04:25:47 PM »
Just as much weight as if you'd taken those courses at your normal UG institution.
HLS '10

LSN