Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Graduation timing issue  (Read 291 times)

Reesespbcup

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yay summer!
    • View Profile
Graduation timing issue
« on: October 24, 2006, 06:34:46 AM »
I am going to wind up needing to take 2 classes in the summer of 2007 and I want to start LS in the Fall of 2007. I've listed the summer as being my graduation date on my apps. Obviously, the transition is going to be difficult to say the least but does anybody know of any reason this CAN't be done? Thanks!!!!
The hottest chicks go to UMiami

hypergex

• View Profile
Re: Graduation timing issue
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 05:32:22 PM »
bump
1L - SIU

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 05:38:11 PM »
depends on when your finals are. 
and if you have to move for law school, it takes time to find a place to live.
and when classes start for fall

i am finishing up a masters program in summer '07, and planning on starting fall '07

i'm not worried about it.
if i am moving, i will take time off work to go find a place to live, and make sure i'm in town for finals, then head back for law school

/of course, i may end up in the same place for law school, but i would still probably move closer to school

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 06:18:33 PM »
I am going to wind up needing to take 2 classes in the summer of 2007 and I want to start LS in the Fall of 2007. I've listed the summer as being my graduation date on my apps. Obviously, the transition is going to be difficult to say the least but does anybody know of any reason this CAN't be done? Thanks!!!!

There is a set date for sending in an official final transcript- I believe it's either 7/1 or 7/15. If you can have a final transcript in hand by that date, I imagine you'll be fine, but if you're going to be continuing into August, it may be a problem.

Lampshade Punk

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Even in the quietest moments."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 07:05:45 PM »

you need a final transcript and a degree before you can enroll. 

Reesespbcup

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yay summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 09:33:07 AM »
Thanks to you all for assuaging my fears a bit. I called the University of Miami this morning (my top pick) and the woman kept saying "you don't have to have the degree in hand but you have to have met the requirements by the time classes start in the middle of August". My U-Grad classes end Aug 3 (eekk!!) so it will be tight but I believe it is totally doable. I will just have to make sure I push my U-Grad institution to get my transcript to UM or like "queencruella" said, I should get a copy and take it to them myself.

I remember when I transferred from a community college to a 4-year school, it was the same tight crunch but the 4-year school didn't give me a hard time about it and my situation then seemed pretty common.
The hottest chicks go to UMiami