sdfsdf

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
Re: Drugs in a PS = very bad idea?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 01:28:38 PM »
Just don't give off the impression that you had used drugs in the pass, or engaged in drug abuse with them.  It's fine, as long as it has positivily affect you.   I had a friend who entered treatment for rehab.  It was a very stressful moment for her family, but even for so, since I was the one who told her to seek help. 

Having someone you know abuse drugs and go into rehab is a painful experience. 
You will need to explain how it affected you, in what sort of ways.  IMO, I think it's okay to write about it. 
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

thinknpositive

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 01:35:52 PM »
say something like this:

"while shrooming, i was about to take a bump of K off a key, and this commercial came on for some personal injury lawyers.  I thought it would be cool to have my own commercial too.  So here I am. Applying to law school!"

throw in some *&^% about bongs, and you'll be a shoe-in

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 02:55:26 PM »
Drugs are a fact of life.  People have friends that do drugs.  Everyone knows drug users whether or not they use drugs themselves.  I don't think it's prohibitive if you're talking about how someone else's ODing has affected you.

ZAP

nathanielmark

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 04:13:55 PM »
i agree with zap in principle, but you need to strike a delicate balance and you are still taking a risk (IMO).  just make sure you have several people of different belief systems read it and give you candid feedback.

Drugs are a fact of life.  People have friends that do drugs.  Everyone knows drug users whether or not they use drugs themselves.  I don't think it's prohibitive if you're talking about how someone else's ODing has affected you.

ZAP

vmersich

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 01:52:18 PM »
say something like this:

"while shrooming, i was about to take a bump of K off a key, and this commercial came on for some personal injury lawyers.  I thought it would be cool to have my own commercial too.  So here I am. Applying to law school!"

I don't understand how anyone could read this and not spit out laughing.  That was very funny.

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 02:15:00 PM »
say something like this:

I don't understand how anyone could read this and not spit out laughing. That was very funny.

Just picturing that in my head is funny.
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.