Law School Discussion

/

Re: stimulus or question stem first
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 04:43:22 PM »
Personally I prefer the stimulus first.  Reading the question does little/nothing, you're going to re-read it a second time after you read the stimulus, and if you do enough practice tests, you're going to become so familiar with the material that you will be able to predict the question 90% of the time by reading the stimulus by itself.

This is completely false.  I read question first and I NEVER had to reread the question.  If you know question types well enough you can do this easily.  I missed 0 questions on LR on the Sept. test doing this.

LT_Eagels_1

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 05:14:09 PM »
Personally I prefer the stimulus first.  Reading the question does little/nothing, you're going to re-read it a second time after you read the stimulus, and if you do enough practice tests, you're going to become so familiar with the material that you will be able to predict the question 90% of the time by reading the stimulus by itself.

This is completely false.  I read question first and I NEVER had to reread the question.  If you know question types well enough you can do this easily.  I missed 0 questions on LR on the Sept. test doing this.

I agree, if you practice enough, it's always the same 8 or 9 type of questions asked, and it almost becomes second nature. 

President_Baccaga

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 07:36:37 PM »

This is an exception; certainly not the rule.  Congratulations on your LR score.

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 09:06:21 PM »

I missed 6- but I still did this method.  Once you get used to it you wont need to read the question stem again.