Law School Discussion

Harvard Phone Interview

Reach

• View Profile
Re: Harvard Phone Interview
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2006, 07:53:07 AM »
I just checked my email and I finally got one letting me know I'm complete at Harvard.  I'd expect that the rest of you did or will too.  Good luck to everyone who is pulling for a Harvard admission, and try not to wig out as The Call is reported by more and more people...

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2006, 08:13:25 AM »
I just checked my email and I finally got one letting me know I'm complete at Harvard.  I'd expect that the rest of you did or will too.  Good luck to everyone who is pulling for a Harvard admission, and try not to wig out as The Call is reported by more and more people...

Ditto on the complete email. It's slightly ridiculous for me to be expecting a phone call, but this is all still very exciting and nerve wracking.

Sooner

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2006, 09:12:21 AM »
So can we all agree that the first batch of Harvard apps yielded "received" emails on 10/17 and "complete" emails today, 10/26? I just got my complete email as well. I applied on 9/15.

Reach, you're a native American, right? That sounds like golden URM status to me. Are you not expecting a significant boost? You have #s that would put you on the fringe of admission if you were white. You just need a little boost, and I think you'll get a big boost.

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2006, 10:06:47 AM »
I will confirm 'received' on 17th and 'complete' today.

Reach and Prolsurge we'll have to stay calm together- some good news from elsewhere would come in very helpful right now. 

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2006, 10:07:23 AM »
I'm in the same batch.  :o

jd2bee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2006, 10:08:24 AM »
It's so funny - now every time I see this as unread in the top 200, my heart drops a little, at the thought of another person being invited for the phone interview...

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2006, 10:49:33 AM »
It's so funny - now every time I see this as unread in the top 200, my heart drops a little, at the thought of another person being invited for the phone interview...

So much for rooting for each other, huh?

I'm in with you guys, too (10/17 + 10/26).  Is there any reason to believe there actually was a phone call?  It seems kinda weird that somebody reports that the blog says the phone calls will start "soon" and then somebody gets one the same day.

No, there's no reason whatsoever. It was a figment of my imagination. Right afterwards, I received a call from Bugs Bunny, the Dean of Admissions at Yale Law.

cassise

• To eliminate any confusion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cassise0414
    • View Profile
    • My journey to law school starting soph year
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2006, 10:51:55 AM »
Complete today....

Not that I'm holding out too much hope.

jd2bee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2006, 10:55:07 AM »

So much for rooting for each other, huh?

I'm in with you guys, too (10/17 + 10/26).  Is there any reason to believe there actually was a phone call?  It seems kinda weird that somebody reports that the blog says the phone calls will start "soon" and then somebody gets one the same day.

No, there's no reason whatsoever. It was a figment of my imagination. Right afterwards, I received a call from Bugs Bunny, the Dean of Admissions at Yale Law.

By saying my heart drops, I mean in excitement, like I will get when I see the first acceptance from Boalt, Yale, Harvard, etc.  I don't mean I'm disappointed or hitting up the voodoo doll about other LSD folks, I mean it brings hope.  Sorry for the confusion

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »
The phone calls have indeed started.  I had mine today.