Law School Discussion

Harvard Phone Interview

jd2bee

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Harvard Phone Interview
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2006, 04:38:42 PM »
Looks like HLS is still an LSAT-love this year...

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2006, 04:42:13 PM »
I should note though... I visited HLS earlier this year and the woman who spoke to us (Cassandra Williams was her name, I believe) stressed that not everyone who got in was called, and not all who were called got in.  She didn't mention the "only 2" number that I've heard batted around; she certainly made it sound as though it was completely non-indicative of anything.  Here's to hoping.

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 04:47:48 PM »
I'll definitely drink to hoping.

Happy hour in 13 minutes, sounds good to me.

Reach

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2006, 04:48:23 PM »
I should note though... I visited HLS earlier this year and the woman who spoke to us (Cassandra Williams was her name, I believe) stressed that not everyone who got in was called, and not all who called got in.  She didn't mention the "only 2" number that I've heard batted around; she certainly made it sound as though it was completely non-indicative of anything.  Here's to hoping.

Hmm...I dunno.  It's definitely in her and Harvard's best interests to discourage neurotic applicants from bothering them every five minutes about the status of their application.  You know, because maybe it just hadn't made it into the proper hands yet and that's why March had rolled around and there was still no phone call and...

+1 hyperventilation point for me ;D

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2006, 04:50:24 PM »
"Tell me about your experience at ____. How was your time at _____. Tell me more about _____. Do you have any questions for me? Peace son."

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2006, 05:01:48 PM »
"Tell me about your experience at ____. How was your time at _____. Tell me more about _____. Do you have any questions for me? Peace son."

So it's all done then?  If so, congrats :)

Of course, I *had* been postponing my phone-call fear thinking that I'd have to be complete first before I could worry about that stuff.  But so much for that!  ;)

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2006, 05:16:51 PM »
So it's all done then?  If so, congrats :)

Of course, I *had* been postponing my phone-call fear thinking that I'd have to be complete first before I could worry about that stuff.  But so much for that!  ;)
Yup, now I'm just left wondering for a while. Definitely don't worry about it, and you'll get an e-mail heads up before you're contacted.

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2006, 02:11:20 PM »
I got the application acknowledgement email today.  Unfortunately my transcript *still* has not been processed by LSAC.  Seriously, what is taking so long?

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2006, 04:05:02 PM »
When did you submit your transcript?

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2006, 05:38:22 PM »
When did you submit your transcript?

I ordered it from my school on Friday, Oct 13.  My school is in PA, near to the LSAC HQ, so it shouldn't have taken long to be mailed there.  I'm positive my transcript has been delivered to the LSAC, but it just hasn't been processed yet.  My friend mailed his from Chicago sometime in Sept. and it was delivered/processed in less than a week.  I think mine is getting lost among the thousands of transcripts being sent to LSAC now.  I can understand the delay, but still, HARVARD of all places is ready to look at my application, but they can't until they get my LSAC report, and they can't get my LSAC report until my transcript is processed.  I also have a third LOR that hasn't been processed yet, but I feel my application is already plenty strong to be competitive.  I just need that transcript!