Law School Discussion

Some TOUGH choices

Re: Some TOUGH choices
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2004, 01:01:32 PM »
I'm in a similar situation and know how you feel.  Regarding your choices, I can only offer my personal opinion.  I know a good deal about most of the schools you named so hopefully this help.  Of course, without knowing more about your interests, preferences, blah, blah, blah...

If you get into UVA, Duke, and Michigan, go to UVA.  Next I would choose Michigan, then Duke.  If you must decide between your current four, Vanderbilt is your best bet, followed by Northwestern, then UNC.  You seem to be quite concerned with academic reputation.  That's a good thing, believe me.  Good luck, and try not to get too stressed.  This is supposed to be the easy part... 

btw, I went to school "down the road" from Chapel Hill so I know plenty about the town and school.  It's a fun place, but you would be crazy to go there given the choices you have.

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2004, 04:18:33 AM »
and my girlfriend hinting about another. 

This one's easy.  I was in love in law school too...if you're serious about the woman, go wherever she says.  You're about to enter into a 3 year argument, it works best if you give something in the beginning.  Or at least let her think that you're giving something early.

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2004, 02:35:05 PM »
lol nyugrad!  UVA is not only the perfect school for me, but it works best for the girl.  If I don't get in there, I guess William and Mary is the best fit, but its tough to pick them over so many more highly regarded schools.