Law School Discussion

Suggestions on my list?

Jets

• At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
Suggestions on my list?
« on: October 22, 2006, 06:23:52 PM »
Had this in the apps section...soliciting more/any feedback:

I'm retaking in December, but wanna apply to some schools that I think I can get into now. Here's my list:

I've already submitted these applications. Other than Penn, I think I've got a chance based on current numbers at each (not really FT GT). I consider all of these, with the exception of Penn and Gtown FT, to be 'targets' based on my current stats.
1. Georgetown (PT/FT)
2. UPenn ED
3. BC
4. BU
5. GW
6. W&L

I"m going to submit these before my next score comes in too, as I think I have a chance at these schools as well. I consider these schols closer to safeties than targets, but some of them are not really that safe (ie. Fordham).
7. W&M
8. UNC
9. Fordham
10. American
11. Villanova
12. GMU/UMD (haven't decided)

I'm going to wait until my retake score comes in to send these three off...these are reaches right now (obviously), but I hope to make them targets.
13.Duke
14. Cornell
15. UVA

Any comments/suggestions on my final list?

Re: Suggestions on my list?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 05:15:43 PM »
Well we have almost the same stats, so here is my tentative list of schools i'm gonna apply to before the Dec retake:

BU (supposedly i have an 85% of getting in; seems too high though)
BC
GW
USC
University of Arizona (safety)
Notre Damme

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 07:33:43 PM »
Well we have almost the same stats, so here is my tentative list of schools i'm gonna apply to before the Dec retake:

BU (supposedly i have an 85% of getting in; seems too high though)
BC
GW
USC
University of Arizona (safety)
Notre Damme

That's more or less what I'm doing except I have USC/ND/UA replaced for other schools on the northeast because I'm not really interested in Midwest/Westcoast. Kinda sucks though, cuz I feel like USC would be worth a shot other things permitting. I have really great soft factors, so I think I could do some damage even without my new score.

Thanks for your feedback Lonewolf -- I'll be watching for your 175 retake ;)

thanks, i'm sure you'll do really well on your retake as well.

Lampshade Punk

• "Even in the quietest moments."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 08:50:29 PM »
Had this in the apps section...soliciting more/any feedback:

I'm retaking in December, but wanna apply to some schools that I think I can get into now. Here's my list:

I've already submitted these applications. Other than Penn, I think I've got a chance based on current numbers at each (not really FT GT). I consider all of these, with the exception of Penn and Gtown FT, to be 'targets' based on my current stats.
1. Georgetown (PT/FT)
2. UPenn ED
3. BC
4. BU
5. GW
6. W&L

I"m going to submit these before my next score comes in too, as I think I have a chance at these schools as well. I consider these schols closer to safeties than targets, but some of them are not really that safe (ie. Fordham).
7. W&M
8. UNC
9. Fordham
10. American
11. Villanova
12. GMU/UMD (haven't decided)

I'm going to wait until my retake score comes in to send these three off...these are reaches right now (obviously), but I hope to make them targets.
13.Duke
14. Cornell
15. UVA

Any comments/suggestions on my final list?

what about ND?