Law School Discussion

Waiting for LSAT Scores was a female dog? Check this out....

swifty

• View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
Waiting for LSAT Scores was a female dog? Check this out....
« on: August 27, 2004, 03:03:49 AM »
Just talked to a lady who took the bar (CA) in July.  She was not notified until
NOVEMBER, and she failed.  Now for all you BarBri proponents, she blames BarBri for the fail because they changed her writing methods.  (CA bar is 2/3 writing)She took it again in February, wasn't notified until Late June that she passed.  Now that is way too damn long!

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Waiting for LSAT Scores was a female dog? Check this out....
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 10:23:36 AM »
Yeah, so aside from the wait being really bad, you bring up the point about people who fail.  You find out in mid to late November that you failed, and you have until February to study again.  Wouldn't you want to study longer than that?  Unless you know you failed coming out of the Bar in July, you've been away from the material and stuff for 4 months.  Not that you'd really forget it all, but you sure as hell haven't been studying it; if nothing else, your brain needs a lot of warming up, and you obviously did something wrong that you failed the first time, so you should be studying harder the second time around.  Anyway, that's what I thought was crappy.  So then I guess it's even worse if you fail in February, because you find out in June, then the next test is in July.  Wow.  Here's to passing the first time ::raises her Mocha Iced from Coffee Bean to the moniter::

mukhia

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 12:06:28 PM »
Does anyone know what state has the hardest bar to pass?  I heard NY.  I know the easiest is Wisconsin:  no bar.

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 12:09:19 PM »
NY or CA

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 12:58:01 PM »
I agree with Jacy: NY and CA are the hardest ones.  Easiest: DC.  Pass any state bar and you can automatically be admitted to the DC Bar :)  Supposedly, if you get the DC one, you can apply to the NY one with that, which seems kinda weird since the bar itself there is so hard.  So you can take the Wisconsin bar (or not, as the case may be), then be admitted to DC, then be admitted to NY.  This seems like cheating.  Anyone know about this in greater detail, like limitations about applying to DC and NY and stuff?

thinknpositive

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 01:01:27 PM »
no bar in WI??

sign me up

mukhia

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 01:44:11 PM »
COL is really cheap, too. 

Come on over, we have a sore lack of Care Bears here.

swifty

• View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 06:43:41 PM »
WI is automatic if you graduate from a wisconsin ls

Can you elaborate on that?  If you don't take a bar, does that mean it's real tough to graduate, or what?  Does it have reciprocity with other states, say Michigan, others in the region?  Would it be possible to graduate from Wisconsin and practice in any state that has reciprocity, or would you only be allowed to practice in Wisconsin? 

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 07:12:30 PM »
if you graduate from a wisconsin law school, you don't have to take the bar exam.  you just need fitness.  this is only for 2 schools in wisconsin

!@#$%

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2004, 07:15:57 PM »
if you graduate from a wisconsin law school, you don't have to take the bar exam.  you just need fitness.  this is only for 2 schools in wisconsin

There are two schools in Wisconsin?!?  Do wonders never cease?