Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bombed... is there hope?  (Read 1027 times)

hypergex

• View Profile
Bombed... is there hope?
« on: October 22, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »
Well I got a 144 on my LSAT. My lowest non-cheating timed LSAT during practice was 158. I have a problem when I take standarized testing. I just can't do it when it counts. I am retaking in December. However, if I do not do much better is there any hope for me?

My GPA is 3.63 and I have a lot of community service and work experience. My dream is to go to law school and become a lawyer. I really want to make that happen. I know some of you that have nothing else do with your lives will flame and say mean things, but I am talking to the few who might like to help.

I would like to end up in Seattle after law school. Seattle U was where my target was going to be, but I am not sure I can get in there now. Any suggestions on what to do or where to apply? Thanks.

1L - SIU

Ever

Re: Bombed... is there hope?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 06:17:12 PM »
Retake it and go where you will be happy?

thesource

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 07:27:54 PM »
Try again and practice harder. What school do you want to go to?

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 07:46:06 PM »
Don't despair. If law is really your dream you can still do it. There was a poster last cycle, latinlord, who had a 141/144 LSAT and a 3.59 GPA who got into Indiana University-Indianapolis (PT I think). You should PM him because I know he is still on here from time to time. He is a very positive person who would probably have a lot of good advice for you.

SMO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 01:03:36 AM »
I too got a 144 on the LSAT. We have similar GPAs too. Do you think you will maybe just take your chances and make your application awesome aside from the LSAT??? I have thought about it all weekend and I am not looking forward to getting my LSAT books back out. I'm a Native American and I am hoping that may pull some extra points for me, but I'm not sure what to do. What will you do?

Dixon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 04:51:54 PM »
Latinlord's first language is Spanish, and he majored in Spanish, so his GPA is not exactly indicative of a superior intellect...  Unless you're a complete AA admit I can't imgaine that he would have anything of value to say.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 04:55:22 PM »
The best bet for people with lower LSATs is to apply to schools with summer start programs like IU-I and a few others (I think FAMU has one as well) that will take people on provisionally over the summer and accept them full-time if they do well enough in the summer semester. I am not sure if any Seattle-area schools have those, but it's worth checking out.

Donkey

• Sr. Citizen
  • Where's the beef?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 06:15:31 PM »
Retake. If you can actually get in the high 150s you can get into a T2. But if you collapse under the pressure of timed testig, you may want to rethink law school. Why would you not have the same problems on law school finals?
Hippies suck.

redemption

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 08:31:27 PM »
Well I got a 144 on my LSAT. My lowest non-cheating timed LSAT during practice was 158. I have a problem when I take standarized testing. I just can't do it when it counts. I am retaking in December. However, if I do not do much better is there any hope for me?

My GPA is 3.63 and I have a lot of community service and work experience. My dream is to go to law school and become a lawyer. I really want to make that happen. I know some of you that have nothing else do with your lives will flame and say mean things, but I am talking to the few who might like to help.

I would like to end up in Seattle after law school. Seattle U was where my target was going to be, but I am not sure I can get in there now. Any suggestions on what to do or where to apply? Thanks.

queencruella's advice is good.

Retaking is also good advice.

If you want to PM me about the kinds of problems that you experienced -- what sections, what kinds of questions, where you ran out of time, etc -- I can suggest some tips for how to raise your score into the mid-150s on the real thing.

redemption

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 08:36:11 PM »
Latinlord's first language is Spanish, and he majored in Spanish, so his GPA is not exactly indicative of a superior intellect...  Unless you're a complete AA admit I can't imgaine that he would have anything of value to say.

This post is utterly confused, and completely misses the point that Zamora was making.