Law School Discussion

Sample Personal Statements?

gscott66

Sample Personal Statements?
« on: October 22, 2006, 06:14:58 AM »
I know this is a strange and out of the ordinary question, but I am sure there are people who will understand.

Does anyone have a successful PS that you could email me?  I am struggling with the format, outline, mechanics, style, etc. of writing a PS.  I also would like to see how non-traditionals approach their life experiences, etc.  I am working full-time and studying so hard for the Dec06 LSAT that I canít even think of a logical opening paragraph.

Iíll destroy any and all copies once I get the gist.  Thanks for your help and consideration in this matter.

My email is guptonfinancial@cox.net

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
Re: Sample Personal Statements?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 08:38:49 AM »
you can get ps examples from a google search
some people in the personal statement board are always looking for someone to critique theirs.
i think people tend to send their ps to people who have been on the forum a while over people with very few posts, too many stories of people who create a username only to borrow ideas from other personal statements

there are some good examples via google and yahoo searches, or stop by barnes & nobles and look through a book in college prep section