Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help! Please.  (Read 213 times)

melisssasue

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alemanmelissa
    • View Profile
Help! Please.
« on: October 21, 2006, 11:18:27 PM »
I have a 153 and a LSDAS GPA of 2.6 and an undergrad GPA of 3.4.  I plan on writing an addendum for the GPA split.  Truth be told I just didn't care for the first 3 semesters, took some time off and went back and kicked booty.  Made the dean's list a couple of times. I am currently working on (and will have completed before fall 07) my Masters with a 3.7 GPA.  I know LSAC doesn't factor that in but I know it should (and hopefully will) make a difference to law schools.  It shows that I can do post graduate level work and that my bad grades from 9 years ago were meaningless in the long run. Anyhow sorry to ramble I would just like some LDSers opinons on where to apply (safeties, targets, reaches).  TIA

melisssasue

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alemanmelissa
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Please.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 01:42:39 PM »
anyone?

theprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: Help! Please.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 01:55:49 PM »
You aren't going to get into any schools with truly national reach, so you're going to need to pick a region/city where you want to work and focus on the schools around there. When looking at local/regional schools, specialty rankings should be a factor as well. If you know what kind of law you want to go into and where, I'm sure people on this board will be able to help you.