Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: DO I need to report this class??  (Read 1207 times)

Bug

• View Profile
DO I need to report this class??
« on: August 26, 2004, 10:08:27 PM »
I have both undergraduate and graduate degree and currently I am working.
Recently I registered a composition class in a local community college just to improve my writing skills, besides my company is paying for it. This is not for a degree purpose.

When I apply lawschool, do I need to report this class along as well? Both my under and grad are top schools. I am afraid this will be a big minus to my academic record that I ever took a class in a community college  :'(

foxnewssucks

Re: DO I need to report this class??
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 10:12:31 PM »
yes, and stop hatin' on the CCs.

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 10:13:09 PM »
Recently I registered a composition class in a local community college just to improve my writing skills, besides my company is paying for it. This is not for a degree purpose.

When I apply lawschool, do I need to report this class along as well? Both my under and grad are top schools. I am afraid this will be a big minus to my academic record that I ever took a class in a community college  :'(

OK, now that is the worst intellectual snobbery I have heard in a long time!  Actually, they are going to kick you out for taking that class.  They will hate you and will email all their friends telling dirty stories about you.  Tell me, is it a nice view from your ivory tower?
3.8/155

Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 10:18:54 PM »
Didn't mean to hit on any CC. But this one really isn't great. They only offer associate degree.

Come on guys, don't be mean. Seriously do I have to report it?

nathanielmark

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 10:23:48 PM »
bug off.

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 10:25:37 PM »
Against my instincts, I'll be nice for a moment.

I believe you do.  They generally want all of your transcripts and an omission that was found out could raise eyebrows.  If it is not applied to a degree, that could be different, but I doubt it.  Read the LSAC website carefully and call them if you can't find it.
3.8/155

DouperLou

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 10:33:38 PM »
Can this person really be serious? Too bad the law schools can't REALLY see the types of people that are applying. Unbelievable.

mukhia

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 11:17:40 PM »
Maybe LS would laud your ambition to constantly improve yourself in any way you can...it would be obvious that you are capable of undertaking courses at different levels given your undergrad and grad degrees - why on earth would they look down on  this one teeny tiny class that you're clearly not taking to fulfill any degree requirements?

RaiderHeisman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 12:12:48 PM »

This should be the least of your worries. Improving your writing skills should be your main concern... assuming your idea of a "top school" is top 5 and not top 50.