Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any advice with a low LSAT (i.e.logic games)?  (Read 250 times)

bostonsail

• View Profile
Any advice with a low LSAT (i.e.logic games)?
« on: October 21, 2006, 11:24:26 AM »
I recieved my LSAT score back...153. I have a 3.3 GPA from a top LAC with extremely strong LOR's, essays and high level nonprofit and political volunteer/1 year WE. (My GPA would have been 3.9 if not for a wide variety of very serious and complex family matters.) I also have a mathematical learning disability (hence my score with the horrible logic games section.....the rest I did very well on and was praticing in the mid 160's overall even with the LG's.) I guess I'll be retaking in December, although am very frusturated, particularly as the rest of my application file is set, very strong, and I was planning on applying early to schools in the 10-30 tier. I studied very extensively, and understandably am not too pleased with the result....

Any advice, aside from retaking?

Ghilly

• View Profile
Re: Any advice with a low LSAT (i.e.logic games)?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 11:54:21 AM »
The games are the most coachable section of the test.  Almost all non-math majors struggle at first with the games.  Did you try Powerscore's Logic Games Bible?  It's the best for the games IMO, really clear and concise instruction.  Schools in the 10 to 30 range receive so many apps relative to slots that I'm not sure that a math-disability addendum will help your chances enough to overcome that LSAT score.  I'm definitely no insider though.  Good luck this cycle.

mjb

Re: Any advice with a low LSAT (i.e.logic games)?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 11:56:05 AM »
Think visually. Imagine things being placed ni your mind. Practice alot. Draw pictures and diagrams.

Visual.