Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Michigan 1L Taking Questions  (Read 74623 times)

wilax3man

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't mess with us pal, We're from New York...
    • View Profile
    • LSN! Leave me a message!
    • Email
Re: Michigan 1L Taking Questions
« Reply #810 on: February 26, 2007, 11:23:45 AM »
I can not wait for the football games, I just need to figure out how I am gonna get tickets for the SO.

read the first response on this page...talks about partner tickets.

My SO is my fiance and not yet my wife, so she doesnt qualify for partner tickets this season.  I believe I may try to get a LS student who isnt planning on buying tickets, to let me buy their season tickets.
University of Michigan Law School, Class of Twenty-Ten

latinforliar

• View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 26, 2007, 11:27:55 AM »
Well, their offense might have kept their starters, but I think their defense lost around 5 or so, but we'll see.

I'm still having fun imagining what the law school section is like compared to the rest of the stadium. Is it weird if I imagine everyone with british accents drinking tea and talking about law school bs?

wilax3man

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #812 on: February 26, 2007, 11:33:04 AM »
I can not wait for the football games, I just need to figure out how I am gonna get tickets for the SO.

read the first response on this page...talks about partner tickets.

My SO is my fiance and not yet my wife, so she doesnt qualify for partner tickets this season.  I believe I may try to get a LS student who isnt planning on buying tickets, to let me buy their season tickets.

The Ann Arbor domestic partnership agreement is not complicated, FWIW, and is for both same-sex and opposite-sex couples.

http://www.a2gov.org/CommunityServices/Clerks/dompartform.pdf

GCoop, thank you so much!  I didnt realize the qualifications were that simple.  You are a life saver, I owe you a beer when we get to Ann Arbor.

----------

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 26, 2007, 11:34:04 AM »
Well, their offense might have kept their starters, but I think their defense lost around 5 or so, but we'll see.

I'm still having fun imagining what the law school section is like compared to the rest of the stadium. Is it weird if I imagine everyone with british accents drinking tea and talking about law school bs?

if it is, i'm moving. i'm not one of those people who screams at the players or refs, but i love a little enthusiasm. and i know their defense lost a few guys, but think how much they have to prove after the bowl game that will go unmentioned.

latinforliar

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 26, 2007, 11:34:50 AM »
dude, get a prenup before you two sign that thing

----------

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 26, 2007, 11:37:18 AM »

haha, they're right. most importantly, make sure you can keep the tickets. she can have your dog/car/house. you get the tickets.

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 26, 2007, 11:39:06 AM »
I hate beer and only slightly like football, but it still sounds like a fun social thing to do.  Especially because my husband loves football and particularly MICHIGAN FOOTBALL.

He is having such a crappy time at work, and finding out he could get tickets with me really brightened his morning. :)
Michigan Law Class of 2010

----------

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 26, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »
that sounds like a hallmark card... i think you should submit it to the athletic department.

i've always wondered what love truly meant, and now i know: finding that special someone with a hook-up for michigan tickets.   ;D

latinforliar

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 26, 2007, 11:58:43 AM »

if it is, i'm moving. i'm not one of those people who screams at the players or refs, but i love a little enthusiasm. and i know their defense lost a few guys, but think how much they have to prove after the bowl game that will go unmentioned.

I think we just need to come up with some law-based jeer that everyone can enjoy. Like if the other team has to punt, we yell 'overruled.' Or if they lose a fumble, we say something really mean, like 'sole custody awarded to the plaintiff' or 'bailiff take him away'

wilax3man

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #819 on: February 26, 2007, 12:12:13 PM »

absolutely -- in some cases it can be considered the equivalant of marriage, so don't sign it unless you are sure you're getting married and have all your affairs in order... 

We very much have our affairs in order and our wedding plans are set for summer 2008.  Thanks for the warning though.