Law School Discussion

"Cannot convert PDF" error?

Drew P. Bottom

• You do not understand the power of the dark side.
    • View Profile
"Cannot convert PDF" error?
« on: October 20, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »
Every time I try to upload a document onto an applications (for the past hour) it says "Cannot convert to PDF format, your file might be corrupted."

I have tried every possible way to change my file. I have also used 2 computers. Can someone else see if they are having this same error?

Thanks

rtqw

• Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Cannot convert PDF" error?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 08:23:02 PM »
Not having any errors here.

Maybe try converting your document into a PDF file yourself and uploading it that way. One free PDF converter is Primo PDF: http://www.primopdf.com/

rtqw

• Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 08:32:07 PM »
That's odd.

On one of my applications it randomly added blank pages between certain pages, and I couldn't seem to do anything about it. I submitted it anyway - not my fault.

Do your blank pages say 'This page is blank'? If so, then that's intentional. Some schools want some blank pages in there for whatever reason.

Drew P. Bottom

• You do not understand the power of the dark side.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 08:32:43 PM »
The thing is I DID convert to PDF after it didn't work and it still wouldn't work. Very weird. I'll just wait a bit then keep trying.

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 10:43:36 AM »
Is anyone else having this problem?

I was...made no sense as it was the same word doc with a minor correction.  I deleted Temp Internet files and restarted my computer, just in case that was it.

This AM when I went to try and attach, it worked!

So I'm not sure if it was just time or what?