• Email
Re: THE SCORE THREAD!
« Reply #330 on: October 21, 2006, 05:58:16 PM »
RC -3
LR1 -1
LG -2
LR2 -3

raw score 91 -> 171

-1 from my highest practice score (172), and +19 from my initial diagnotic (152)

How did you improve so drastically?  What course if any?  How did you improve your LR score, because I'm still missing like b/w 6-10 per section?

Chef Gordon Ramsay

• shut it down!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #331 on: October 21, 2006, 06:03:47 PM »
I took Princeton Review and went up to about 165-6. Powerscore Bibles, Nova, and about 15 prep tests (plus lots of others I just mined for problems) took me the rest of the way.

Most of my mistakes actually appear to be idiotic ones (reversed an except question...goddammit), so there was probably potential to do better with this method.

Imelda Marcos

• If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #332 on: October 21, 2006, 06:06:13 PM »
How much are the PS bibles and where can I get my hands on them?  I already took TM course back in the spring, so I feel like I need to self study.

Chef Gordon Ramsay

• shut it down!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #333 on: October 21, 2006, 06:15:33 PM »
Ehh I think they were like $50 each. Only get the LR and LG ones; get the Nova book for RC (this was extremely helpful w/regard to RC questions for the last few years). They're all available on amazon.

thestradgirl

• where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 21, 2006, 07:25:49 PM »
How do you think law schools who still assess multiple LSAT scores on a case-by-case basis will look at my application (a 16 point spread is a little odd)?

Congrats to all of you and good luck for you re-testers, you'll do awesome in December!

I think they're gonna think you're AWESOME. And I think you are awesome because you give people like me hope. a SIXTEEN point spread. (Does this mean I could get a 180? :o) Dude how did you study? did you study at all for the last LSAT? What's the reason for such a huge discrepancy? I might contact you.. so embrace yourself. :o

Thanks for the kind words.

I took a regular Kaplan prep class in March and April for the June test (diag = 165). After school ended, I went home and spent all of May (3 hours a day, 6 days a week) studying on my own and using all of the extra Kaplan materials available to me (especially the pacing book, which is simply a prepbook filled with lots of sections from real tests sorted by type with explainations online). 

I took the June test and I knew from the moment I left that I'd bombed. I should have canceled. Nothing was really wrong with me, I was just as nervous as you can get and the test center sucked (tiny little desks, dim lighting, freezing cold).

I also thought the June RC's science passage about maize biology was crazy-hard, worse even than the water basins one this time around (the one RC I missed was on the law passage ??? ).

After I got my score, I took some time off to recover during the rest of July and most of August. I re-took my Kaplan class for free in August and September just to keep me fresh. I knew I could do better and that my score was not representative of my skills. Mainly, I CALMED DOWN as much as I could. I took the few whole preptests which I hadn't already done and re-took a couple of the ones from my prep for June. Controling my nerves was probably the biggest difference.

Feel free to ask more questions. You can do this too! Good luck!

Thanks for YOUR kind words!! You R0X0rs. Um.. yes. what you've just written here sounds very very similar to me minus the Kaplan prep course part. I hope the rest of my LSAT journey resembles yours to any degree. NERVES were my big problem for the September test.. and I think I am gonna take this to PM land so I can probe you more. ;)

« Reply #335 on: October 21, 2006, 07:39:38 PM »

yea i got a 169 too for bloody stupid mistakes... 6 points below my avg. trying to decide whether or not to retake.. but have 3.79 GPA from ivy school, might just let it sit. georgetown is my first choice...

I'm thinking of retaking too, but I probably won't because 169 should be okay since I'm not applying to top schools...and the December test is right before my finals week.  But isn't it irritating to see how little stupid mistakes ruin your score  >:(  I'm afraid if I take it again, I'll go into the center with the mentality that I'm going to make mistakes.  Well, good luck to you, whatever you decide.

hey zone, dont be so bummed. you can still apply-- i am. my friend got off of harvards waitlist with a 169 and also is going to uc berkely... its a GREAT score. just do it.

thestradgirl

• where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 21, 2006, 07:59:03 PM »
yeah !! Just do it!! Unless you are struggling to get the next day's bread I think it's worth taking the chance.

Imelda Marcos

• If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #337 on: October 22, 2006, 01:44:58 AM »
How much are the PS bibles and where can I get my hands on them?  I already took TM course back in the spring, so I feel like I need to self study.
You should check your library to see if they have them available.  Or if you are in school, career services.  I bought Nova and then realized that my schoo library had it-- doh.  Then I found the LG Bible in career services, along with the most recent book of PrepTests released.  Also some Kaplan books in case I feel the need to look through those.  Saved me some $$.
Ehh I think they were like $50 each. Only get the LR and LG ones; get the Nova book for RC (this was extremely helpful w/regard to RC questions for the last few years). They're all available on amazon.

thanks I'll look into it!

« Reply #338 on: October 22, 2006, 05:34:05 AM »
I should really learn how to read.

LR -2
LR -6
LG -1
RC -11

I missed all seven of the basins questions. How is that possible. I have never done that. I missed the score I needed by one question. It makes me sick.

« Reply #339 on: October 22, 2006, 08:43:55 AM »
First time poster, long time browser. I retook in Sept. and got my score around 6:00 tonight.

179!! (up from 163 in June). My best prep test had been 175, so I can't being to tell you how excited I am. I guess Kaplan paid off in the end.

Breakdown:

LR: -2
RC: -1  :o
LG: -0

Thanks to all of you for your support over the last few weeks and for the awesome PMs. How do you think law schools who still assess multiple LSAT scores on a case-by-case basis will look at my application (a 16 point spread is a little odd)?

Congrats to all of you and good luck for you re-testers, you'll do awesome in December!

That is insane. Congrats. I can't even imagine getting a 179.